We often hear about how women play so many roles in their lives like those of a daughter, a wife, a mother, a sister, and hence are worthy of a lot of praise. Agree! No doubts! But how often have we heard the statement that men play so many roles in our lives like those of a son, a husband, a father, a brother? I think you all would have guessed it right and that is - Hardly sometimes. But credit will and should be given where it is due.
Let us start this article with a very basic question - What is International Men's Day? It is an occasion which marks as well as celebrates boys' and men's achievements and their contributions to all the sectors that include country, community, society, family, childcare, and neighbourhood and is celebrated annually on 19th November.
It was inaugurated on 7th February 1992 by Thomas Oaster though this project was devised one year earlier on 8th February 1991. This project was reinitialized in 1999 in Trinidad and Tobago by Jerome Teelucksingh to address all the issues affecting men and boys. The date 19th November was chosen by him to honour his father’s birthday.
Now to celebrate it and to say thank you to the men in your life, let us have a look at some of the men’s day quotes. Here, we have curated a list of 35 International men's day quotes for you to wish your special people ‘happy men’s day’ and celebrate it right. These quotations might not be the best or popular ones, but they will surely touch your heart. Let us wish the men, ‘Happy men’s day’.
1) Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. But being a gentleman is a matter of choice. - Vin Diesel
The first in our list of men's quotes is indeed a beautiful one by Vin Diesel. There is no control of us on our birth and our age, but we do have absolute control over our choices and that is where being a gentleman is up to us.
2) A man is the most beautiful part of God's creation who starts compromising at a very tender age.
3) There is no need for a man to use physical force to show the strength in him, it is a matter of facing the challenges of life without fear. - Albert Einstein
Men are supposed to be strong. Right? But does that mean that to show their strength or power, only physical force is necessary? Not! Clearly and simply stated by Albert Einstein in this International men’s day quote of his that to show real strength to the world, stand in front of your challenges with full confidence and face them! Certainly, one of the best quotes for men.
4) Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln
We all believe that the behaviour of a man in times when is bound to break down, lose control and go empty from within is what decides his character. But, in the above International men’s day quote, Abraham Lincoln makes a strong point. One who can walk with the crowd as he walks with celebrities, after gaining power, is truly a man of good character.
5) I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear - Nelson Mandela
6) The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. - Thomas Paine
Next in our list of best quotes for men is a gem by Thomas Paine. Real men do not cry, give up, surrender, or run away when difficult situations come. They smile, show courage, and Conquer!
7) The man is the complement of women, is the piece needed to have a family, this is why it is so important.
8) Treat all men alike. Give them the same Law and Give them a chance to live and grow.
9) Genius is the power of carrying the feeling of childhood into the powers of manhood.
For men, society keeps certain expectations which they want to see like being strong, manly, powerful, courageous, fearless. But if the same men do not let the child inside them die and along with meeting these expectations, then that is a work of a genius. Bound to make our list of quotes for International Men's day.
10) A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half. - Jeff Cooper
11) A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. - Lana Turner
12) The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively. - Bob Marley
Affecting everyone around you positively and giving positive vibes is a quality everyone wishes to have. So do men and this is a sign of greatness because maintaining your integrity is necessary.
13) Women are never disarmed by compliments; men always are. - Oscar Wilde
14) A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation. - Mark Twain
15) A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them. - John C. Maxwell
Learn from your mistakes and that is the only way to rectify them along with moving ahead. Simple teaching each one of us has got, starting from our childhood. Beautifully reflected by John C. Maxwell, this is one of the best quotes for men.
16) A hero is born among a hundred, a wise man is found among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men. – Plato
17) A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether. - Roy H. Williams
18) A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes. - Mahatma Gandhi
Thoughts are indeed the building blocks for a good life. They determine everything about a person as rightly highlighted in these best quotes for men.
19) Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened. - Billy Graham
20) Duty is the essence of manhood. - General George Patton
In the above International men’s day quote, the emphasis is laid on a man’s duties. If he lacks in fulfilling his duties, he is not worthy of being called a man and even of being wished happy men’s day.
21) A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
First Impression is the last impression. And manners of a person are indeed the first impression that one carries which reflects his portrait. This one is an incredible International men's day quote to share with your loved ones.
22) Men are made to take risks and live passionately on behalf of others. - John Eldredge
23) A Creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others - Ayn Rand
24) A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means. – Sallust
No good man ever will take evil means. He knows that a true path with good intentions and justified actions are the key to defeat injustice. This is such a wonderful men’s day quote that we couldn’t miss mentioning it in our list of quotes for men.
25) No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child. - Abraham Lincoln
The way a man treats children, standing on his knees to speak to them while looking into their eyes, is a measure of his highness. His respect and honour increases when he gives them to children. A powerful international men’s day quote it is!
26) A superior man is modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius
27) The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river. - Ross Perot
Do not just speak but act because that is when real work takes place, simple enough, right? But still few people follow it and hence become one of the most important in our list for best quotes for men.
28) A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love. - Max Muller
One of the most beautiful quotes for men by Max Muller, it simply tells Men to deserve love too. This International Men's day, do express your love for men who matter in your life.
29) Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein never fails to showcase his genius. Another one from him which makes the list for best quotes for men is full of values. Clearly states that first foremost always tries to the man who never forgets his values be whatever heights he reaches in his life. Values are of core importance and one should always carry them with themselves.
30) A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. - Bruce Lee
Wise Men are known as wise for a reason. And this reason is very well highlighted in this international men's day quote. Even a foolish question asked by a wise man will not irk him but rather he will learn something from it. He knows how to handle everything with the utmost patience and wisdom.
31) When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. - Elayne Boosier
You might laugh after reading in the this International men's day quotes list, but this holds truth in it. The fact that men are different from women is all because of the perspective they have for things. Women may divert attention from things that make them depressed but men are committed to overcoming them. Isn't this one of the best quotes for men?
32) The value of a man is not measured by his money, his status or his possessions. The value of a man lies in his personality, wisdom, creativity, courage, independence and maturity. - Mark W. B. Brinton
33) The value of a man is only measured by respect for his commitments. - Alain Rifflart
We live in a male-dominated society and this men's day quote reflects upon the same. Actions of man speak louder than his words. If he is keen on fulfilling the promises and commitments he has made, he is a true man.
34) The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Samuel Johnson
One of the most inspiring quotes to cherish on International men's day is this. One who does what he should irrespective of the desires for something in return is truly the best man in this world. Wish him happy men's day again and again!
35) Strong men can always afford to be gentle. Only the weak are intent on giving as good as they get. - Elbert Hubbard
The above International men's day quote helps us differentiate between strong and weak men. Although everyone has different circumstances and situations in life to face, a man who doesn't let adversity govern his behaviour is the best man.
After going through this article, all of you must have realized that it is time to thank the men who have played a crucial role in your as well as society's life to make it a better place. Hope this list of 35 quotes for men would have encouraged you enough to celebrate this International Men's day with full pride and gratefulness.
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events