Life is a process of mixed emotions, isn't it?
Life is a "matter that can reproduce itself and evolve as survival dictates" was the definition given by NASA.
But it is impossible to define life in words because it is a process where each individual has a different journey but, the endpoint is death.
But the reality is, every individual have a choice of living their life on their own, following their dreams and, not compromising for others.
Life brings us as many joyful moments because it does downfalls, and although there are days we wish there were a manual to follow, it simply would not be an equivalent without spontaneity.
The life journey might not be easier as we get older, but we do seem to know it better as our perspectives evolve.
Whether you are embarking on a replacement adventure right out of college or you want to explore different paths in your personal life, it is never too late to vary what the future is to be.
If you need motivation and inspiration, these life quotes from Mahatma Gandhi, Buddha, Helen Keller, among others, are what you need to check out.
So, here is the list of the best Inspirational quotes on life that will inspire you to change yourself are as follows:
1) “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi
Let’s start with our father of nation and freedom fighter, Mahatma Gandhi Ji. In this inspirational quote on life, Mahatma Gandhi says, “Live as if you were to die tomorrow” which means many people live every day with so many regrets, depression, and stress. They all forget to live.
Living is not only breathing. Living is enjoying the little things in your life.
“Learn as if you will live forever” means It is associated with learning. It means to learn everything that you want to. Learn those things which give you pleasure, not stress.
So, stop living like an old book. Open your mind to update to the new version.
2) "Life is either a great adventure or nothing at all" - Helen Keller
This inspirational quote on life says about the adventure that we’re all on, this adventure called life. Helen Keller demonstrated the risks by this quotation that are involved in everyday life.
With every risk, an individual takes, change comes hand in hand with it.
If we dare, the impossible can be possible with our courage, hard work, and optimism. Without this daring adventure, we will not be successful as Helen.
So, dare to try new things.
3) "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison
This inspirational quote on life by Thomas Alva Edison is for those who give up without succeeding in life.
Giving up when they are close to success and not knowing is the greatest failure than simply failing.
4) "Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Life is a series of events that we experience moment to moment. How we live each moment, how we make others feel determines the quality of our life.
It’s all about Quality than Quantity.
A short life well lived is more valuable than a long life that’s been destructive.
5) "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will." - Jawaharlal Nehru
This inspirational quote on life by Jawaharlal Nehru means that free will is an illusion. There is nothing absolute about free will.
Just like the cards are already determined, but you get an illusion that you are playing it according to your will, but the outcome is already determined.
6) "The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do and then do it." - Henry Ford
Everyone in this world is chasing a successful life. The secret of life is meaningless unless you discover it yourself. Destiny doesn’t come looking for us. We need to go looking for it.
We need to find destiny by ourselves and discover the secret of life within and then achieve the success we want, the success we deserve.
7) "The Best Way To Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing." - Walt Disney
This straight-to-business quote comes from the man who created the happiest place on earth and a multibillion-dollar empire.
This inspirational quote on life means you have to stop talking as the first step in the process.
Once you've stopped talking, you can come to a decision. Then, once you've decided, you can finally get to the doing part.
8) "If You Are Working On Something That You Really Care About, You Don’t Have To Be Pushed. The Vision Pulls You." – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs truly captured some of the wisdom of life in this statement. Do that which you are passionate about and, your work will feel effortless.
If you have a vision and want to achieve it, you are working very hard for that vision then attract new ideas, people, and other resources to reach that vision.
The desperate need will create an energy that will lead you towards your vision.
9) "Life is not so much what you accomplish as what you overcome." - Robin Roberts
This inspirational quote on life is about how one measures success.
Success isn't in the attainment of a high position as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
10) "Failure Will Never Overtake Me If My Determination To Succeed Is Strong Enough." - Og Mandino
This inspirational quote on life given by Og Mandino means if you have determination, you can achieve almost anything because it is one of the best accomplices you could ever have.
11) "We Generate Fears While We Sit. We Overcome Them By Action." – Dr. Henry Link
There exists a fear within you for something new to you. You tend to remain afraid of doing something that you have never done before.
One needs to take action to overcome their fears by actions by making plans and writing how to become successful.
Fear is nature's way of warning us to get busy.
12) "Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away." - Maya Angelou
It is not the number of years that we rack up but the number of times we have those moments of awe that make life worth living.
Life is more than just living for a long time. It symbolizes the quality of the life each of us lives as individuals.
13) "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." - Carol Burnett
This inspirational quote on life means that anybody can show you the way but, it’s you who make the change in your life and, it depends on you how to change your life.
14) "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced." - Soren Kierkegaard
This inspirational quote on life means don't take life as a problem and involve yourself in solving that but, life is a reality where we need to experience every challenge in our lives.
In life when you figure something out, it shouldn’t be a problem.
One should enjoy life because sometimes it is an adventure.
Live your life the way you want to. Always make something good out of it.
15) "The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams." - Oprah Winfrey
Having the courage to stand up and pursue your dreams will give you life's greatest reward and adventure.
16) "Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you but to help you realize your hidden potential and power. Let difficulties know that you too are difficult." - APJ Abdul Kalam
This inspirational quote on life comes from APJ Abdul Kalam, which means that some may think that difficulties always destroy an individual, but these help us to realize that we have the potential to overcome them.
17) "I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
From this inspirational quote on life, an individual gets to know that for a successful life, one should try hard, whether it is once, twice, or countless times.
Failure is part of the journey to success. You do not need to give up if you fail at something that will make you successful in life.
The more you fail, the better your chances of succeeding.
Each time you fail, you will have learned something that will move you closer to your success.
18) "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein
People are like bicycles. They can keep their balance only as long as they keep moving.
It is the same with people as it is with riding a bike.
Only when moving can one comfortably maintain one’s balance.
19) "Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this." -Celine Dion
Sometimes the situation would not be in our hands, but making efforts to combat the circumstances is the choice one needs to take for a better tomorrow.
20) "I slept and dreamt that life was a joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was a joy." - Rabindra Nath Tagore
These words of Rabindra Nath Tagore reveal a universal truth within them, even amid difficulty, through service, one can experience joy and happiness.
This happiness will not be materialistic. It is a truth of life that sooner or later is revealed in everyone's life.
21) "There are three things you can do with your life: You can waste it, you can spend it, or you can invest it. The best use of your life is to invest it in something that will last longer than your time on Earth." - Rick Warren
Rick Warren tells about life, where an individual can utilize or invest in something, which can last until the last breath, till the Earth exists.
22) "You only pass through this life once, you don’t come back for an encore." - Elvis Presley
It's more important to surround yourself with people who can give you a little happiness because you only pass through this life once and you don't come back again to realize.
23) "If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit." - Bill Clinton
Life is too short to learn and, move forward but one should remember to learn from past mistakes to be a better person.
And an individual should understand how to handle an unpleasant situation with a never-quit mentality.
24) "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it." - Steve Jobs
The inspirational quote on life represents the love for the work we do.
Whatever work we do, our passion for work encourages us to keep doing what we do even if we encounter several challenges.
One shouldn’t let anything stop one from doing great work. Don’t quit even if things get tough.
25) "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." - Helen Keller
Our living of life is a form of different types of lessons. Our life is nothing but living in the lessons.
If you would like to know these lessons, you've got to measure your life.
26) "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw
Every individual holds a different view about life due to our distinct thinking and attitude towards life. Every choice that we make matters in life.
We need to form bold choices and find the right path that we want to follow, even if it means taking the road less traveled and exploring ourselves.
27) “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life — think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” - Swami Vivekananda
The inspirational quote on life says that one idea which an individual should take in their life to make their life, every part of the body, entire brain, one which will carry you to success at the expense of every other idea out there, this is the way to achieve success.
28) "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." - Confucius
Every person has a different time and way to success.
So, don't see others succeed and become a loser because each successful person took so much time to reach the peak but they didn't stop or quit.
29) "Victory is not always winning the battle...but rising every time you fall." - Napoleon Bonaparte
This inspirational quote on life by Napoleon Bonaparte means life isn't all about winning and defeating others.
It's also about standing strong whenever you fall.
30) “Don’t be afraid to fail. It’s not the end of the world, and in many ways, it’s the first step toward learning something and getting better at it.” - Jon Hamm
Many of us have probably experienced fear of failure at one or another time in life.
Because FAIL means First Attempt In Learning, so never panic about failure and keep on learning new things whatever life is going to teach.
31) “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” - Kate Winslet
Life sometimes feels very long, and sometimes each day seems like seconds.
It's the days spent in joy and happiness that give us the hope and strength to ascertain through another day.
So, whatever it may be, here is the life we need to live.
32) "You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream." - C.S. Lewis
There is no age to dream. Never think you are too old to make your dreams into reality.
Also, never think you cannot start over. The only person stopping you from succeeding is you. Go ahead, go after your dream. Make it happen.
Success comes in everyone's life at different stages of age, so never step back from dreaming. You can start to dream at any age or set a goal.
33) "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." – Buddha
This inspirational quote on life from Buddha represents living life to the fullest in the present.
The only thing we have is the very moment called PRESENT.
Thinking about the past or future can destroy our present time, and time is very precious.
The magical, present moment is the only path to enlightenment, to be joyful and mindful. The key is to be there for yourself to be fully present in life.
34) "If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of." – Bruce Lee
The inspirational quote on life carries a deeper meaning of discipline, dreams, and courage.
Wasting time means wasting your life. You never know once you are going to be out of your time.
Our lives are moments where some are special, some are normal.
So, don't procrastinate on things that are good for us.
35) "All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This inspirational quote on life by Ralph Waldo Emerson says that as time moves on, one should learn from each new thing one encounters in life.
It doesn't matter whether each experiment is successful or not.
36) "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young." -Henry ford
This inspirational quote on life represents learning whether you are too old or young. Learning does not refer to only book knowledge but is related to life.
Since an active curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge keeps us vitally alive.
37) "Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man's life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self."- B.R.Ambedkar
The identity of each one of us is different and is independent.
One is not only made for social development but, one can think about self-development too.
38) "Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking." – Steve Jobs
You are not going to live forever. So, stop living your life by the principles of other people.
Stop doing what you are forced or told to do and start finding what you love. Stop focusing on becoming something that others want you to be. Do something, you want to do.
39) "Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something." - Ashton Kutcher
This inspirational quote on life means that never compromise with what you have but dream for better than this in life.
You are born with nothing but, you die with your name. It shouldn't be just a word but, it should be history.
40) "The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates
Socrates means that an unexamined human life is deprived of the meaning and purpose of existence.
To become fully human means to use our highly developed faculty of thought to raise our existence above that of mere beasts.
41) "It is not the length of life, but depth of life." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
This inspirational quote on life means that life is nothing but going through each day like it's your last and filling every moment of every second of it with something worth remembering.
42) "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde
Many people are so constrained by how they think they ought to be that they never really live.
Instead of simply sitting there and existing, the quote implies that we should always take matters into our own hands and make things happen.
43) "When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." - Alexander Graham Bell
In life, when you miss out on an opportunity or a phase of your life ends, it creates space for new opportunities to arise and phrases to begin.
So, we need to look for open opportunities, not for those passed.
44) "A lot of people give up just before they’re about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one." - Chuck Norris
Never give up because no one knows that what you are presently struggling with maybe the last one in your life, and the next step may be your success story.
45) "The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." - Oprah Winfrey
If you specialize in all the items in your life that cause you to be happy, then you'll be joyful every day.
But if you specialize in all the items that cause you to be sad, you will wake up every day feeling sad, angry, and resentful.
46) "I enjoy life when things are happening. I don’t care if it’s good things or bad things. That means you’re alive." - Joan Rivers
This inspirational quote on life means that whatever you are going through, whether it is adequate or awful, you need to enjoy every moment of life, then it means that you are living your life to the fullest.
47) "There are no regrets in life, just lessons." - Jennifer Aniston
Everything happens for a good reason. Everything one goes through is just a part of the big plan.
Those regrets are the most valuable life lessons.
48) "When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or the life of another." - Helen Keller
These words are the inspiration for the title of William Gibson's play The Miracle Worker, during which an almost blind Annie Sullivan finds her purpose in life, and Keller forms an enduring friendship with the lady who has opened the world to her.
So, whatever one does should give 100% therein work to ascertain miracles in life.
49) “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” - Kevin Kruse
Life is about giving someone a little hope, helping them to find the stand and meaning in their life. Once we are gone, money will belong to someone else.
But the impact that we've made in our lives will always belong to us. That is the sole thing that will stick with us forever.
So make an impact and not just money.
50) "The minute that you’re not learning I believe you’re dead." - Jack Nicholson
Life is everything related to learning, whether it may be from your failure or success.
When one stops learning, then it is equal to a dead person.
51) "You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." – Michael Phelps
Dreams are the most beautiful thing in life.
The dream is the perfect picture we would want to fill colors to a happy life and a completely fulfilled life where nothing ever bothers us, a life where each one of our capacities lived at its highest level.
52) "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me." - Erma Bombeck
Erna Bombeck wants to say that we have the gift of talent.
We all can be something that we want to be. We have a brain that reasons, that learns, that has the facility to dream.
The other gift we have is a body that can do great things to make those dreams and create something from them.
53) "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie
Marie Curie wants to tell all about the understanding of problems in life without fearlessness.
Whenever you are in a problem, don't give up, step back, ponder for the solutions, and you may be fearless to solve that problem, whatever it may be.
54) "To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often."- John Henry Newman
The inspirational quote on life is by John Henry Newman, the 19th-century’s most important English-speaking theologian.
This quote means that change in life matters to become a perfect and successful person.
55) "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." - Marcus Aurelius
Happiness is not from costly gifts, etc. It means whatever you're doing to succeed in your destination, you're satisfied thereupon.
Being satisfied does not mean to stop working or aspiring for something. It means not losing your patience and mind for something.
56) "The purpose of life is a life of purpose." - Robert Byrne
Purpose in life is the fundamental factor of happiness.
Without it, one's life will be less focused, less efficient and, often restless and stressed because one doesn't feel aligned with the things they do.
57) "Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." - Morihei Ueshiba
Life is all about Personal development, personal growth, self-improvement, and anything that involves one's transformation as a person.
The process aims to become the best version of an individual and reaching one's full potential.
58) "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. All is riddle, and the key to a riddle is another riddle." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
This inspirational quote on life is similar to that of Helen Keller but, both came from different origins and independently.
Life is a lesson to be lived for better understanding.
And all problems in life are riddles, where a solution to a problem is another problem.
59) "Mindfulness is about love and loving life. When you cultivate this love, it gives you clarity and compassion for life, and your actions happen in accordance with that." - Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and the surrounding environment through a gentle, nurturing lens.
60) "Most people have never learned that one of the main aims in life is to enjoy it." - Samuel Butler
This inspirational quote on life represents the present-day situation where people forget to enjoy.
Seeking happiness and joy is the target for living.
It may take a change in your life to urge it to be done or simply recognizing what you've got.
Joy is nourishment for your physical and mental health.
These were selective Inspirational thoughts on life, hope you enjoyed reading and were inspired by these thoughts.
Practicing self-love to having a way of humor to being optimistic never grows old and can surely assist you with the push you would like to urge where you are going.
Never Give up in life, because we don't have another life to prove that what we are capable of.
So, be happy and enjoy your life to the fullest by following your dreams.
- 25 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes For The World To Lead A Great Life
- 35 Albert Einstein Quotes On Success That will Excite and Surprise You
- 51 Inspirational Cricket Quotes By Famous Cricketers
- 60 True Friends Quotes To Celebrate The Unbreakable Bond
- 45 Abdul Kalam Quotes Which Will Inspire You To Achieve Success