Hannibal is an American psychological horror-thriller television series. The series is based on characters and aspects appearing in Thomas Harris novels Red Dragon (1981), Hannibal (1999), and Hannibal Rising (2006).
The television series emphasizes the relationship between FBI special investigator Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning rival and, at the same time, the only person who can understand him.
It is a spotless and wonderful series about the charismatic and mysterious Dr. Hannibal Lecter. This series is a must-watch for people who love crime, drama, and thrillers.
Story-wise it's simple but gains complexity as the mysteries pile up. Season one showed a multitude of vicious and fierce mass killers. This developed my interest more but the other 2 seasons were nonetheless fantastic.
The end of the series was a little saddening because the main protagonist Will Graham had to face problems and it was an emotional and sympathetic ending.
This series was a great piece of creation and innovation. Lecter does leave an unforgettable mark on us as readers as well as viewers. That's why the Hannibal Lecter quotes are important. here is our list of 30 Hannibal Lecter quotes for you.
1. People don’t always say what they’re thinking they just see to it that you don’t advance in life.
People don't generally show the true emotions they just see to it that you don't boost in your life.
2. Imagine your little brother must smell almost as bad as you do by now.
Your little brother smells as awful as you do by now. The protagonist is saying that by now your brother will become like you and people will stay away from him.
3. Tell me C, Clarice, would you ever say to me “Stop. If you loved me, you’d stop?
If you have loved me you would have stopped me. Don't you?
4. When the fox hears the rabbit scream, he comes running but not to help.
Similar to the fox, people will also see you scream but they will not come to help you.
5. You see, the brain itself feels no pain if that concerns you, Clarice.
If something relates to you or is important to you then the brain itself doesn't feel any kind of pressure.
6. I came halfway around the world to watch you run, Clarice. Let me run, eh?
I have come across so far just to watch you run. Come on and be ready to face the challenges.
7. Would they have you back, you think? The FBI? Those people you despise almost as much as they despise you. Would they give you a medal, Clarice, do you think? Would you have it professionally framed and hang it on your wall to look at and remind you of your courage and incorruptibility? All you would need for that, Clarice, is a mirror.
People who have always criticized you for no reason or have disliked you would never be nice to you.
8. Could he daily feel a stab of hunger for her and find nourishment in the very sight of her? I think so. But would she see through the bars of his plight and ache for him?
He feels a whack of hunger for her and finds satisfaction in her presence. But would she see the hardship and pain of him?
9. You will not persuade me with appeals to my intellectual vanity.
You will not satisfy me with requests to my intellectual and diligent superiority.
10. On a similar note, I must confess to you, I’m giving very serious thought… to eating your wife.
This series is a thriller so one can expect these types of breathtaking lines from it. I should confess to you that I'll eat your wife.
11. Did you feel depressed after you shot Mr. Marrett Jacob Hobbes to death? l think you probably did. But it wasn’t the act that got to you. Didn’t you feel so bad, because killing him felt so good? And why shouldn’t it feel good? lt must feel good to God. He does it all the time. God’s terrific! He dropped a church roof on 34 of his worshippers in Texas last Wednesday night, just as they were groveling through a hymn to his majesty. Don’t you think that felt good?
You don't have to feel bad about it for doing it to the person who has been doing terrific sins. Evils always end.
12. lt feels good because God has power. life does what God does enough times, one will become as God is. God’s a champ. He always stays ahead. He got 140 Philippines people in one plane crash last year. Remember that earthquake in Italy last spring?
Whether you do something or not, God is the ultimate reality. He is the almighty, whatever God has planned for us we have to face the consequences of it.
13. And be grateful. Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real.
Our flaws have the power to remind us that our past was real. It was difficult and whatever you've achieved be grateful for it because good times come from the bad times.
14. Remarkable boy. I do admire your courage. I think I’ll eat your heart.
I appreciate your strength and bravery young boy. I think I'll eat your heart. Maybe I could get qualities like you.
15. That’s the same atrocious aftershave you wore in court.
That's the same awful scented shaving lotion that you have worn on the court.
16. Shh. Don’t move. You’re in shock now. I don’t want you to feel any pain. In a moment, you’ll begin to feel light-headed, then drowsy. Don’t resist, it’s so gentle, like slipping into a warm bath. I regret it came to this, Will, but every game must have its ending.
I know things are a little difficult for you. You'll begin to feel dizzy but don't avoid it eventually it will end up soon as every game has its ending.
17. Tell me, Will. Did you enjoy it? Your first murder? Of course, you did. And why shouldn’t it feel good? It does to God. Why only last week in Texas, he dropped a church roof on the heads of 34 of his worshipers, just as they were groveling for him. He wouldn’t begrudge you for one Journalist.
Lecter is asking Will to not feel bad about what he has done and he should feel good about it. Why only God takes the lives of people and also he wouldn't be jealous of you for taking away just one journalist.
18. I won't poison your dinner, I wouldn't do that to food.
Food is the most sacred thing to a human being. The whole civilization lives for food. So I won't disrespect food by putting poison into it.
19. A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
He is a serial killer. He eats people who are rude to him.
A surveyor once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
20. I would not have had that happened to you. Discouraging is unspeakably ugly to me.
I wouldn't have had that come to you. Dissuading is horrible to me. This shouldn't happen to people.
21. All good things are those who wait.
All nice and decent things take time to happen and we have to wait for it and work hard.
22. Nothing made me happen. It happened.
Nothing gave rise to me. It just happened. Nothing in this world is planned.
23. Love and death are the two great hinges on which all human sympathies turn.
Love and death are the two considerable things that determine human compassion towards each other.
24. Do you believe you could change me the way I’ve changed you?
Do you believe that you could transform me the way I have transformed you?.
25. When it comes to how far he’s willing to push you to get what he wants, he’s certainly no saint.
When it comes to how far he is dragging you to get what he wishes for, he's not a saint anymore.
26. God is beyond measure in wanton malice, and matchless in his irony.
God is beyond any measure. We can't estimate his existence nor can we ever do it.
27. Words are living things. They have personality, point of view, agenda.
Words are the most powerful weapon one can use. You can make or break things just from your words if you want. They are just like a living thing, they have personality, opinion, and plan.
28. Before we begin, I must warn you… nothing here is vegetarian.
The first and worst sign of sociopath behavior is cruelty to animals.
29. The worst sign of sociopathic behavior is cruelty to animals. People who harm animals are just like psychopaths.
Psychic driving fails because its methods are too obvious. You were trying too hard Frederick. If force is used, the subject will only surrender temporarily. Once a patient is exposed to the method of manipulation; it becomes much less effective.
30. Something which has repeated several times loses its power. Nothing should be done repeatedly because it will make the patient familiar with it and it will be less effective.
Here comes the end of our list of 30 Hannibal Lecter quotes. This television series is based on the series of novels by Thomas Harris and focuses on the budding relationship between FBI criminal profiler Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist who fated to become Graham's most cunning enemy.
Lecter's world is an odd harmony between chaos and stability with a lack of conscience. Every astonishing tendency of brilliance lies with a dangerous tint of absurdity. The character of Hannibal Lecter is just like the same. He is Thomas Harris's greatest creation. A former psychiatrist who speaks various languages with intricate tastes in art and music but with a craving for human flesh.
The theme and the concept of the series are what make it different from others. Mads Mikkelsen beautifully portrayed the cunning, charismatic, serial killer character of "Dr. Hannibal Lecter". This series will make you fall into the most destructive extremes of human emotion and disorder and captivate your lazy mind.
The characters of this series have the capabilities to transform you. So do not miss out on these amazing Hannibal Lecter quotes and stay intrigued throughout the day.
- 30 Dead Poets Society Quotes That Are Motivating For All
- 35 Breaking Bad Quotes Which Tells Why It is Best TV Series
- 25 Pursuit Of Happiness Quotes To Hustle Till You Succeed
- 30 Fast And Furious Quotes About Life And Friendship
- 40 How I Met Your Mother Quotes That Describe Life Perfectly
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events