Phone gallery full of selfies, inbox full of smiley emojis, and yet striving for happiness. It’s the same story for all of us. It seems that the materialistic world or the social world has failed to provide any long term happiness or motivation.
We fall short of options and consequently sink deeper into depression. But here we are. Fortunately, there were great persons like Guru Nanak in the pages of history whose influence is even felt today!
Guru Nanak quotes are great and are appropriate for fetching all bliss happiness to your inner soul. Don’t let any hurdles get on your way to success, read these motivational quotes and gear up!
1.“The world is a drama, staged in a dream.”
We are all anonymous characters in this great universe. Maybe we remain unaware but our lives are previously written and directed by the Lord. It is one of the perfect motivational Guru Nanak quotes, which remind us about the futile worldly strings.
2.“Only fools argue whether to eat meat or not. They don't understand the truth, nor do they meditate on it. Who can define what is meat and what is plant? Who knows where the sin lies, being a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian?”
The choice of food is completely personal. Plant or meat, life or life-less, both act as the source of life. So it’s foolish to argue on food, sin to consider someone’s food as sinful. This is a perfect quote for non-vegetarians to defend themselves during an argument!
3.“Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God.”
The power of God is supreme. Temporary wealth and lust is nothing in front of love. This quote is motivational as well as inspirational. It tells us whether its king or ant, it’s the love and purity of soul that matters.
4.“He who has no faith in himself can never have faith in God.”
This motivational quote reminds us that one needs to have self-confidence even in the worst times. We already know that if God lies within us, so if we can’t trust ourselves we can never have faith in god.
5. “Through shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets.”
Some Guru Nanak quotes are so admiring that one may draw a lot of motivation. This world provides us with the good and the bad, but it’s our intellect that helps us to differentiate good and the bad. But sometimes, the mind fails to get out of the narrow and shallow space of darkness that traps the mind to accept the bad along with the good.
6. “What should the yogi have to fear? Trees, plants, and all that is inside and outside Himself.”
A yogi attains spiritualism by breaking all worldly strings. Fear, lust, pain, or likewise human emotion cannot grasp him because he is beyond everything. The whole universe is inside him and he is in this universe too. A famous inspirational quote to begin your day with.
7. “Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die.”
Death need not be always physical. Lust, greed, cowardness bring spiritual death in a person. Many of us live without any aim or don’t have honest propaganda -in both cases the idea of “spiritual death” is applicable. This motivational quote explains the truth of life.
8. “Riches cannot be gathered without sin and evil means.”
Riches of this world belong to the worldly means. It cannot be accumulated without evil or bad means. This quote portrays the real meaning of life to be found in a spiritual way only. If you adhere to these Guru Nanak quotes, you are sure to improve and succeed in your life.
9. “Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru none can cross over to the other shore.”
Acknowledging the universal truth of life that is birth and death, Guru Nanak declares that the death of a man is predestined. This inspirational quote speaks of the ‘other shore’ that is death and without Almighty, one cannot take birth or die.
10. “I bow at His Feet constantly, and pray to Him, the Guru, the True Guru, has shown me the Way.”
Human life is scripted by the lord and without his mercy or grace no one can progress or find his right direction. As we read this inspirational quote, we become more grateful and humble towards God and ask for her blessings.
11. “He who regards all men as equals is religious.”
Considering humanity and equality as supreme religion, all others become secondary. This quote is aesthetic as well as inspirational as equality justifies religion alone, without any particular classifications.
12. “There are worlds and more worlds below them, and there are a hundred thousand skies over them. No one has been able to find the limits and boundaries of God. If there be any account of God, then alone the mortal can write the same; but God's account does not finish, and the mortal himself dies while still writing.”
A lot of interpretations can be from this inspirational quote, but the message somewhere stays the same. The creation of the lord is a magnificent mystery and a man can go on discovering that till the end of his life but will remain incomplete.
13. “In this world when you ask for happiness pain steps forward.”
Happiness and pain are two sides of the coin. Without pain, we won’t realize happiness. We often hurt ourselves in the process when our expectations are not fulfilled. So this inspirational quote explains how one hurts himself when asked for happiness. This universe doesn’t grant everything easily without making us realize its worth.
14. “I’m not the born; how can there be either birth or death for me?”
This motivational quote gives insight into the universal truth through this line. We all are temporary with our mortal bodies but our souls can never be diminished nor can be created. Guru Nanak raises the question of mortality by portraying this simple truth.
15. “Your Mercy is my social status.”
God’s blessing is called mercy and is it true that through this grace a man attains social position or status and progresses in life. This quote is inspirational and enlightening as it fills our mind with happiness.
16. “Let’s God grace be the mosque; and devotion the prayer mat, let the Quran be the good conduct. ”
Another inspirational quote by Guru Nanak to guide you to the right path. The Quran is the word of God and the way of life. Life is incomplete without good conduct and this line establishes the truth that the heart of a human is the greatest temple of God, so we should lead our lives with good conduct and virtue to serve god.
17. “Thou has a thousand eyes and yet not one eye; Thou host a thousand forms and yet not one form.”
God’s omnipotent presence is everywhere and yet not in one particular single place. God has no definite form and yet possesses numerous forms. He is an indefinite entity who is beyond any form. Guru Nanak establishes the supreme power of God through this inspirational quote.
18. “Speak only that which will bring you Honor.”
It is not what goes inside, but it’s what comes outside, that makes a man a sinner or a virtuous person. So we should concentrate on building good values that will bring us honor. There are a lot of inspiring quotes by Guru Nanak on virtues and values like this to guide us on the right path.
19. “From its brilliancy, everything is illuminated.”
Just like water reflects the sun and makes it glisten like a diamond, god’s grace in man’s life makes him a diamond and fulfills his life with all values. This quote undoubtedly inspires us to treat life with all values.
20. “Owing to ignorance of rope the rope appears to be a snake; owing to ignorance of the self; the transient state arises of the individualized, limited, phenomenal aspect of the self.”
Ignorance of the self brings out the worst version. Away from the light of wisdom, knowledge, or devotion, one’s individuality becomes dark and stagnant. This inspirational quote is one of the favorites that is going to enlighten you for sure.
21. “That the plant should be sown and another be produced cannot happen; whatever seed inspirational is sown, a plan of that kind even comes forth.”
Good reaps good and evil reap evil, it is what inside us that is produced. This quote inspires us to peep deeper into our life with aesthetics because it’s what we do that comes around. Guru Nanak quotes provide us with a nice perspective of life.
22. “The production of the children, the nurture of those born, and the daily life of men, of these matters woman, is visibly the cause.”
Women is God incarnated in blood and flesh, women is the only creator and is the womb of man. She gives birth and nurtures life with love and care. With her dedication, she holds the universe as the representative of God. Let’s acknowledge this motivational quote and make our lives better.
23. “Those who have loved are those that have found God.”
Another name of God is love, and to love or give love is the truest way to find god. If you are broken and need hope desperately, read this quote, and revive your soul with motivation. Only with love and patience, you can find god truly.
24. “Realization of truth is higher than all else. Higher still is truthful living.”
There’s nothing beyond truth, truth is the ultimate reality of human life. The self-realization of truth makes our life worthy. We all have read this inspirational quote in our moral science books during school days.
25. “Wherever the protector of all keeps me, there is heaven.”
Our human lives are accompanied by many relationships that represent god. Our parents, siblings, or any relationship who protects us and nurtures us becomes our protector and makes life heaven. So this motivational quote reveals that God is not only the protector but those who protect us, all protectors represent god.
26. “Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss.”
Where is God? God is in every cell and human being. It is the silence of solitude that deliberates his presence. This quote invokes us with all grace and gratitude that is inspirational as well as motivational.
27. “I am neither a child, a young man nor an ancient; nor am I of any caste.”
The soul never ages, it has no birth or death, it is indefinite. It has no caste or division. This motivational quote opens the abrupt truth of human life and inspires us with spiritual wisdom.
28. “Sing the songs of joy to the Lord, serve the name of the Lord, and become the servant of these servants.”
There should be full dedication and devotion towards the lord. Not only god but one should worship its servant to serve God properly. This motivational quote fills our minds with grace and makes our souls happy.
29. “Burn worldly love, rub the ashes and make ink of it, make the heart the pen, the intellect the writer, write that which has no end or limit.”
Worldly love makes our human life stagnant and limited. One should lead a life with pure love and intellect that has no end. This is a motivational quote by Guru Nanak on worldly love and strings.
30. “There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self-illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and have ever been True, He is also True now.”
God is the alpha and the beta, the omnipotent, and the indefinite. He is beyond the notions of birth or death, His illuminance makes human life bright. This is a motivational quote by Guru Nanak to elevate the mind towards spiritual wisdom.
31. “Nanak, the whole world is in distress. He, who believes in the Name, becomes victorious.”
Man is incomplete without divine touch. Only when a man is in unison with God, he attains spiritual wisdom and discovers the real meaning of life. This quote by Guru Nanak contains the word Nanak itself, it shows the way to get rid of all pain.
32. “Before becoming a Sikh, a Muslim, a Hindu, or a Christian, let’s become a human first.”
This is a famous inspirational quote of self-realization. Humanity is the greatest religion of all. Before dividing ourselves into different categories of man-made religions, it is very important to treat every human being equally.
33. “Karma is the tree, the Lord’s Name the branches, Dharmic faith the flowers, and spiritual wisdom the fruit.”
Life is nothing but the outcome of our actions or karma. Through our past actions, we serve God and receive his blessings and finally, the spiritual wisdom unleashes. With this realization, we derive a lot of motivation from this inspirational quote to look forward in life.
34. “By the Karma of past actions, the robe of this physical body is obtained. By his grace, the gate of liberation is found.”
With karma, we welcome the grace of the lord. Depending on our past actions, our after-death life is decided. The soul is liberated and finally arrives in heaven. This is a motivational spiritual quote and yet inspires us in every aspect.
35. “Without the Karma of Good deeds, they are only destroying themselves.”
Our life is all about serving others through good deeds, and in this process we serve god. But through bad deeds, we destroy ourselves and our life. If good deeds are missing in our life, the aim of life becomes futile. This inspirational quote raises our concern about the real meaning of life.
36. “As refection is within the mirror, So does your Lord abides within you, Why search for him without?”
We often seek ways to find god. This motivational quote surprises us with this striking truth that god bestows within us, just like our reflection lies within the mirror.
37. “Conquer your mind and conquer the world.”
Our minds are an intrinsic part of our lives. If we can conquer our minds, the whole world is not a big deal. With our minds in control, the self gathers all potential to conquer the world, because conquering the self is the toughest part. This quote is motivational as well as inspirational to make your soul happy.
38. “With your hands carve out your own destiny.”
Destiny lies in our hands. No matter how people define predestined by luck, this quote establishes this universal truth. Obstacles may come but we can lead the road to success with determination. One of the best motivational quotes to revive yourself.
39. “But she alone is approved, who dies, while yet still alive, she lives for the sake of the Love of her beloved.”
Love justifies life and fulfills it with all happiness. If love is not reciprocated, life ceases to worthless sustenance. Life becomes successful when we give love and serve mankind with hearts full of love. This quote inspires us and makes our soul happy with its philosophical statement.
40. “The Lord can never be established nor created; the formless one is limitlessly complete in Himself.”
God is an infinite entity, cannot be created nor be established. He has no form or limit, but still, he is all complete by himself. A motivational quote to elevate your soul with spirituality.
This brings us to the end of our list of Guru Nanak quotes. Incorporating them in your life will bring a lot of positivity and happiness in your life. They have guided so many people for so many years, they will continue to guide us in years to come.
- 11 Sikh Gurus Along With Their Life, History, And Teachings
- 10 Punjabi Things Punjabis With Not So Punjabi Traits Are Tired Of Listening To
- 13 Radha Krishna Love Quotes To Know About Eternal Love
- 20 Bhagwad Gita Quotes for Life Decisions And Choices
- 30 Shree Krishna Quotes From Bhagavad Gita Narrating Truths of Life
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events