Games of Thrones is not just a web series, it is altogether a different world where one just wanders away. Being the top web series and most-watched on OTT, Games of Thrones has won people’s hearts and seems like it will stay there for a long time. It was HBO’s one of the biggest successes of all time and it would just not be moral to not credit them for it.
Although the last season was a hot debate whether one liked it or not, Game of Thrones (GOT) fans wouldn’t possibly want it to end. However, their quotes make it even more special and that is the reason why we have clubbed some of the best Game of Thrones (GOT) quotes for you. Take a look for some Game of Thrones (GOT) nostalgia!
Here’s a list of top Game of Thrones (GOT) quotes:
1. A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is. — Ned Stark
2. Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities. — Tyrion Lannister
3. Fear cuts deeper than swords. — Arya Stark
4. Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.
5. The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. — Ned Stark
6. A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. — Tyrion Lannister
7. Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?' 'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him. — Bran & Ned Stark
8. 'Don’t call me Lord Snow.' The dwarf lifted an eyebrow. 'Would you rather be called the Imp? Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name take it make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.' — Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister
9. Laughter is poison to fear. — Catelyn Stark
10. 'The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends' Ser Jorah told her. 'It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace.' He gave a shrug. 'They never are.' — Jorah Mormont and Daenerys Targaryen
Game of Thrones has charmed audiences with its screenplay and brilliant dialogues. Some of its dialogues have transformed into Game of Thrones (GOT) quotes, as they are relatable among youngsters on various incidents.
11. The things we love destroy us every time, lad. Remember that. — Commander Mormont
12. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy. — Aemon Targaryen
13. What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms . . . or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy. — Master Aemon
14. When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground. — Cersei Lannister
15. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy. — Jon Snow
16. They say night’s beauties fade at dawn, and the children of wine are often disowned in the morning light. — Barristan Selmy,
17. What do we say to the Lord of Death? Not today. — Syrio Forel
18. When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. — Ned Stark
19. Why is it that when one man builds a wall, the next man immediately needs to know what's on the other side? — Tyrion Lannister
20. Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. — Tyrion Lannister
Game of Thrones (GOT) quotes or dialogues are more than just quotes or dialogues. They give a sense of oneness with the characters and story of the series.
21. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid. — Tyrion Lannister
22. Winter is coming.
23. When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say. — Tyrion Lannister
24. People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up. — Tyrion Lannister
25. Drifting snowflakes brushed her face as light as lover’s kisses, and melted on her cheeks. At the center of the garden, beside the statue of the weeping woman that lay broken and half-buried on the ground, she turned her face up to the sky and closed her eyes. She could feel the snow on her lashes, taste it on her lips. It was the taste of Winterfell. The taste of innocence. The taste of dreams.
26. Every man must die, Jon Snow. But first he must live. — Ygritte
27. The way the world is made. The truth is all around you, plain to behold. The night is dark and full of terrors, the day bright and beautiful and full of hope. One is black, the other white. There is ice and there is fire. Hate and love. Bitter and sweet. Male and female. Pain and pleasure. Winter and summer. Evil and good. She took a step toward him. Death and life. Everywhere, opposites. Everywhere, the war. — Melisandre
28. Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell's grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan's stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow's smile. He used to mess my hair and call me little sister, she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes. — Arya Stark
29. We look up at the same stars and see such different things. — Jon Snow
30. 'A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,' said Jojen. 'The man who never reads lives only one.' — Jojen Reed
We cannot just get enough of such Game of Thrones (GOT) quotes when scriptwriters have given their 101% to make their work exceptional.
31. I need you to become the man you were always meant to be. Not next year, not tomorrow, now. — Tywin Lannister
32. It's a neat little trick you do. You move your lips, and your father's voice comes out. — Robert Baratheon
33. Some people are fortunate enough to be born into the right family. Others have to find their own way. — Petyr Baelish
34. Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. — Petyr Baelish
35. You love your children. It’s your one redeeming quality. That and your cheekbones. — Tyrion Lannister
36. The storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling. — Lord Varys
37. It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it, if it were easy. — Tyrion Lannister
38. Show too much kindness, people won’t fear you. If they don’t fear you, they don’t follow you. — Stannis Baratheon
39. If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention. — Ramsay Bolton
40. You’re mine as I’m yours. And if we die, we die. But first we’ll live. — Ygritte
The charm still stays even when there are other web series in line. Game of Thrones (GOT) quotes from books and web series have proved a wonder to the audience and fellow people.
41. A man with no motive is a man no one suspects. Always keep your enemies confused. If they don’t know who you are or what you want, they can’t predict your next move. — Petyr Baelish
42. The world is overflowing with horrible things, but they’re all a tray of cakes next to death. — Olenna Tyrell
43. I think mothers and fathers made up the gods because they wanted their children to sleep through the night. — Davos Seaworth
44. All I ever wanted was to fight for a lord I believed in. But the good lords are dead and the rest are monsters. — Brienne of Tarth
45. Love is the death of duty. — Jon Snow
46. Love is more powerful than reason. We all know that. — Tyrion Lannister
47. We don't have time for all this. The Night King has your dragon. He's one of them now. The Wall has fallen. The dead march south. — Bran Stark
48. It's a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us. — Oberyn Martell
49. It’s always changing, who we’re supposed to love and who we’re not. The only thing that stays the same is that we want who we want. — Ellaria Sand
50. So many men have tried to kill me, I don't remember all their names. I have been sold like a broodmare. I've been chained and betrayed, raped and defiled. Do you know what kept me standing through all those years in exile? Faith. Not in any gods, not in myths and legends. In myself. In Daenerys Targaryen. — Daenerys Targaryen
This sums up to some of the top Game of Thrones (GOT) quotes from books and TV series. Surely these many Game of Thrones (GOT) quotes are not enough but all we can do is feel the nostalgia again and again. However, do let us know your thoughts and views on this and stay tuned with Feeding Trends!
- After Game Of Thrones Beer And Wines, We Are Expecting GOT Themed Costumes
- Au Revoir Game Of Thrones: 20 Moments & Elements GoT Fans Will Miss Forever
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events