Forgiveness is a choice you make. It is about what wins, the love or the hate within you. Forgiving someone is not easy. Forgiving someone for what they have said or done to you takes a lot of strength and courage.
Forgiveness makes life peaceful leaving behind all the chaos. It proves the sign of wisdom. In a world full of retaliation and revenge mentality, a heart full of compassion and forgiveness towards others is what makes you stand out. Now without any further ado let's venture through these sweet forgiveness quotes.
Here is the list that contains 60 forgiveness quotes:
1. Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much.
Let's start with this quote from Oscar Wilde. This forgiveness quote is so true. What can be better revenge than forgiving your enemies?
2. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
Sticking to the past does no good. Everyone should learn to let go. This forgiveness quotes teach everyone to maintain the capacity to forgive.
3. When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.
Forgiveness quotes like this hold great meaning. Forgiveness is the key to mental liberation. Liberation from all the chaos of the past. This has been told here.
4. Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.
Leave behind every mistake. Leave behind all the pain. Go for a new start. A start which is filled with positivity. This is said in this forgiveness quote.
5. The truth is unless you let go unless you forgive yourself unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
Understanding the situation and work accordingly is what wise people do. They learn from the past and apply that knowledge in the present and make their future bright. Forgiveness quotes like this are great indeed.
6. To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.
In this forgiveness quote, it is said that forgiveness is the highest form of love. True indeed. Who can even forgive the most unforgivable, can love without limits.
7. Take forgiveness slowly. Don't blame yourself for being slow. Peace will come.
Forgiveness is not a one day process. It takes time. Don't be afraid if you are taking a long time. At least you tried or you are trying, that's enough.
8. Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.
Petting anger does not do any good to you. Instead of destroying enemies, it starts destroying you. It is wise to spit it out. This is said in this forgiveness quote.
9. There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.
Love and forgiveness are interlinked. There is no existence of love without forgiveness and vice versa. This is described in this forgiveness quote.
10. True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.”
As humans, we learn from all experiences. Bad or good every experience provides us with a lesson. So always be grateful to that. Forgiveness quotes like this one are great.
11. All major religious traditions carry basically the same message; that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.
It's a fact indeed. All religion teaches us to love and show compassion and forgive the sinner. But it's us humans who start this tug of war between religions.
12. Before we can forgive one another, we have to understand one another.
One of the best forgiveness quotes that tells us that we can forgive anyone only when we understand them. If you put yourself in another person's shoes and know their situation, it is easier to forgive.
13. The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
Don't let your open and wise behaviour be your weak point. Forgive the sinner but never forget the sin. Do not let anyone do the same thing to you again. This is said in this forgiveness quotes.
14. To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.
Remembering what went wrong and wasting your time on that, it's silly. Forgiveness quotes like this are best which tells you to just move on. Move on from everything negative that binds you.
15. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.
16. Forgive, forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours.
17. Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
18. Without forgiveness, life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation.
19. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Mgandhi
20. Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge.
21. True forgiveness is not an action after the fact, it is an attitude with which you enter each moment.
22. Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
23. Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can sometimes be easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love.
24. Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this. Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive but never forget.
25. I think the first step is to understand that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself.
26. Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.
27. The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.
28. I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
29. Forgiveness does not mean ignoring what has been done or putting a false label on an evil act. It means, rather, that the evil act no longer remains as a barrier to the relationship. Forgiveness is a catalyst creating the atmosphere necessary for a fresh start and a new beginning.
30. You can’t forgive without loving. And I don’t mean sentimentality. I don’t mean mushy. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say, 'I forgive. I'm finished with it.'
31. Forgiveness is the needle that knows how to mend.
32. A broken friendship that is mended through forgiveness can be even stronger than it once was.
33. Forgiving isn’t something you do for someone else. It's something you do for yourself. It's saying 'You’re not important enough to have a stranglehold on me.' It’s saying, 'You don't get to trap me in the past. I am worthy of a future.
34. It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you.
35. To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
36. Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom.
37. Let’s shake free this gravity of judgment / And fly high on the wings of forgiveness.
38. Forgiveness is the remission of sins. For it is by this that what has been lost, and was found, is saved from being lost again.
39. Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it should be a constant attitude.
40. Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.
41. The remedy for life’s broken pieces is not classes, workshops or books. Don’t try to heal the broken pieces. Just forgive.
42. How unhappy is he who cannot even forgive himself?
43. I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.
44. You don't need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.
45. When we go back into the past and rake up all the troubles we've had, we end up reeling and staggering through life. Stability and peace of mind come by living in the moment.
46. To understand somebody else as a human being, I think, is about as close to real forgiveness as one can get.
47. We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
48. Forgiveness is above all a personal choice, a decision of the heart to go against natural instinct to pay back evil with evil.
49. Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
50. Throughout life, people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do because hate in your heart will consume you too.
51. Forgiveness is not weak. It takes courage to face and overcome powerful emotions.
52. Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
53. Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.
54. You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.
55. As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.
56. To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.
57. Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart.
58. It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.
59. When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God’s light shines upon you.
60. A heart filled with anger has no room for love.
Forgive and move on. Do not let the chaos and hurt remain with you. Everybody deserves peace and so do you. In life, there will be people and moments which are going to through challenges at you. Take that as an advantage. Try learning from that. Hope you liked reading this article. If you did then let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- 50 Appreciation Quotes To Show Your Gratitude and Thankfulness Towards Things
- 54 Love Quotes That You Can Send To Your Lover As A Reminder And Confession
- 60 Coffee Quotes for Coffee Lovers To Get To Start The Day With Motivation
- 60 Chai Quotes for Chai Lovers That Will Make You Fall For Tea Once Again
- 40 Health Quotes To Value The Greatest Gift and Wealth We Have
- 20 Food Quotes To Express Your Unconditional Love For Food
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events