To most of us, getting dressed up for a function or event feels like fighting a war. You might have a wardrobe full of dresses, but you might not know which one is the best for the occasion. At such times, it's helpful to look to some powerful and popular fashion icons for advice.
Many fashion icons have given amazing fashion quotes for helping people like us, when in a fix. From the greatest fashion designers to legendary models and stylists, each one has their own fashion mantra. Feeding Trends brings to you this article, which will help you in being a fashionista.
Let us begin the list of 60 fashion quotes:
1) I think there is beauty in everything. What 'normal' people perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it.— Alexander McQueen
2) Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life. — Bill Cunningham
Fashion plays an important role in life. We should be up to date with fashion in everyday life.
3) I don't design clothes. I design dreams. — Ralph Lauren
4) Fashions fade, style is eternal. — Yves Saint Laurent
This means that fashion trends are short but the style is more permanent.
5) Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life. — Bill Cunningham
Bill Cunningham, The Times’ legendary fashion photographer, built a career on capturing others’ personal style in candid street snaps.
6) In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous. — Elsa Schiaparelli
7) Fashion you can buy, but style you possess. The key to style is learning who you are, which takes years. There's no how-to road map to style. It's about self expression and, above all, attitude. — Iris Apfel
8) Fashion is what you're offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose. — Lauren Hutton
9) You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet. — Christian Dior
10) Fashion is very important. It is life-enhancing and, like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well. — Vivienne Westwood
11) People will stare. Make it worth their while. — Harry Winston
12) Elegance is elimination. — Cristóbal Balenciaga
13) Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally. — Christian Louboutin
14) Style is the only thing you can’t buy. It’s not in a shopping bag, a label, or a price tag. It’s something reflected from our soul to the outside world— an emotion.— Alber Elbaz
15) In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. — Coco Chanel
16) Playing dress-up begins at age five and never truly ends. — Kate Spade
17) Elegance is not standing out, but being remembered. — Giorgio Armani
18) What's my style is not your style, and I don’t see how you can define it. It’s something that expresses who you are in your own way. — Iris Apfel
19) Fashion is only the attempt to realize art in living forms and social intercourse. — Francis Bacon
20) I think our bodies are beautiful, and I think celebrating them and being comfortable in them— no matter what age you are— is important. There shouldn't be any kind of shame or discomfort around it. — Jennifer Aniston
This quote demonstrates that whatever we wear we should be comfortable in that.
21) One is never over-dressed or under-dressed with a Little Black Dress. – Karl Lagerfeld
22) Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally. – Christian Louboutin
23) She can beat me, but she cannot beat my outfit. – Rihanna
24) Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak. – Rachel Zoe
25) Style is primarily a matter of instinct. – Bill Blass
26) Style; all who have it have one thing: originality. – Diana Vreeland
27) Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn. – Orson Welles
This quote demonstrates that everyone recognizes us by our style that’s why style plays an important role in life.
28) Style is a simple way of saying complicated things. – Jean Cocteau
29) A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. – Coco Chanel
30) Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world. – Marilyn Monroe
This is one of the most relevant quote demonstrates that if the girl gets support, she can do anything.
31) Women who wear black lead colorful lives. – Neiman Marcus
Here it means, black never goes out of style.
32) I like Cinderella; she has a good work ethic, and she likes shoes. – Amy Adams
33) A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes. – Vera Wang
34) Fashion wasn’t what you wore someplace anymore; it was the whole reason for going. – Andy Warhol
35) A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes. – Vera Wang
36) Buy less, choose well. – Vivienne Westwood
We should focus on quality rather than quantity.
37) Real style is never right or wrong. It’s a matter of being yourself on purpose. – G. Bruce Boyer
38) I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color. – Wednesday Addams
39) A great dress can make you remember what is beautiful about life. – Rachel Roy
40) Make it simple, but significant. – Don Draper, Mad Men
41) I adore wearing gems, but not because they are mine. You can’t possess radiance, you can only admire it.– Elizabeth Taylor
42) Fashion, somehow for me, is purely and happily irrational. – Hedi Slimane
43) Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music. – Michael Kors
44) The joy of dressing is an art. – John Galliano
45) In a machine age, dressmaking is one of the last refuges of the human, the personal, the inimitable. – Christian Dior
46) As far as I’m concerned, leopard is a neutral. — Jenna Lyons, The Cut
47) Don’t dress to kill. Dress to survive. — Karl Lagerfeld, Twitter
48) Great personal style is an extreme curiosity about yourself. — Iris Apfel, HuffPost
49) Growing up, I didn’t have a lot of access to fashion. But as far as I could remember, fashion has always been my defense mechanism. Even as a child, I remember thinking, She can beat me, but she cannot beat my outfit. — Rihanna, CFDA Fashion Awards
50) Fashion needs to make one happy. It is a luxury and should enhance one’s quality of life. — Tom Ford, Racked
51) It’s impossible to be stylish without confidence, you see. — Jane Birkin, Harper’s Bazaar
52) My feet are still on the ground. I’m just wearing better shoes. — Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Phil
53) Cinderella is not only an iconic character when it comes to beauty, grace, and fairy-tale love but also shoes. — Christian Louboutin, Twitter
54) The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive. — Coco Chanel
55) Fashion isn’t a necessity. It pulls at your heart. It’s a whim. You don’t need it. You want it. — Marc Jacobs, Vogue
56) The greenest thing you could do in fashion is to buy something you’re going to use for years. — Michael Kors, Twitter
57) Some people dream of having big swimming pools. With me, it’s closets. — Audrey Hepburn
58) If I’m going dancing, then I wear the highest heels with the shortest dress. — Kate Moss, Sunday Times
59) Keep your head, heels, and standards high. — Lola Stark, Tattered Love
60) I may be a beginner at some things, but I’ve got a black belt in shopping. — Phyllis Nefler, Troop Beverly Hills
These fashion quotes tell us that fashion and style plays an important role in personality we should always be up to date. Also, our personality shows how courageous we are. One can know through our personality how confident we are.
In order to be fashionable and well-groomed, to show to the world your love for being styling and trendy, use these fashion quotes! They will never give you the wrong advice!
- 10 Best Forever Fashion Trends That Are Sure To Raise Your Style Meter
- 7 Rachel Green Fashion Statements From FRIENDS TV Show
- 10 Fashion Magazines From Bollywood Every Fashion Lover Should Follow
- 10 Essential Footwear That Every Woman Should Have In Her Closet
- 11 Bollywood Actresses Who Slew Girls With Their Bridal Look
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events