Selfishness, jealousy, betrayal, fakeness are the synonyms of Fake friends.
We for sure experience betrayal once in a lifetime. The friends whom we trusted blindly turn out to be the most venomous snakes of our life.
We can get up when we fall with the right company. On the other hand, if we surround ourselves with people who do not want us to get up, it is very sure we will end up in misery and negativity.
Friendship is a blessing with the right one. Similarly, it can be that worst nightmare you never thought of in your life.
There comes a time when you feel like just walking away from everyone. A debate is going on within us to decide who is genuine and who is fake.
If you find yourself stuck in this type of situation, then Voila, here is a list of such fake friendship quotes that will make you understand who is hiding in the tiger's skin.
1. "Having fake friends is like hugging cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get." – Riza Prasetyaningsih
Quickly jumping on this very first well-known fake friends quote by Riza makes it very clear, having fake friends is like digging a hole for yourself. This list continues with more such witty Fake friend quotes.
2. "People may not always tell you how they feel about you, but they will always show you. Pay attention. – Keri Hilson
This fake friends quote conveys how these friends show us our shortcomings and keep pulling us down from getting up. They may not say it to our face but, they will put it into their actions, as we know, 'Action speaks louder than words.'
3. "A fake friend loves to see that you are doing well, but not better than them" – London Mond
Your genuine friend will celebrate your success. On the other hand, the fake one will eagerly wait for you to stumble. They will keep comparing themselves with you and will make sure that you never go ahead of them.
4. "The word 'friend' is a label anyone can try on. You decide who is best suited to wear it." - Carlos Wallace.
Carlos wants us to realize from this fake friends quote that not everyone friend that we make enjoys our growth. There are always such people who will support you for their benefit.
Once their motive is successful, they will behave as if they do not know you. It is up to us whom we should call our friend.
5. "Be very careful with whom you share your problem to, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend." – Kemmy Nola.
Not every person we share our problems with is keen on understanding us and our pain. Wisely choose between well-wishers and problem creators.
At first, everyone will smile slowly they, will reveal true colors.
6. "Stay away from the fake or phony niggas who can not support their own."
This fake friends quote is like the red flag making us understand to beware of such friends who pose to show off on their social media and treat you as good for nothing in reality.
7. "Fake Friend: Once they stop talking to you, they start talking about you."
This one is very famous. When we spot the chameleon of our lives, we start being away from them. But these chameleons go round the bush abusing us and our friendship, which means talking about us.
8. "It is a sad day when you find out who your friends are not."
When we come to know the person we trusted a lot before is the one who is our backstabber, that day is the most disheartening for us.
From this fake friends quote, we understand to be away from fake friends, as prevention is always better than cure.
9. "Certain people and their toxic energy can block you from expanding, elevating, and vibrating higher. Detach and protect your energy."
Some people will praise you. And criticize you as soon as you go away. Such people are a pain in the neck. They cannot tolerate your good deeds and success. To be successful, we need to cut off the contact with these fake friends.
10. "It is true that one friend who used to mean the world to you and now you cannot trust a single word that comes out of their mouth."
Some day we find everything slipping away from our hands like the sand from our hands. This fake friends quote conveys how heartbroken it feels when we see our friend's true intentions to be with us. At that moment, we stop believing them and their concern.
11. "Being betrayed is one of the most valuable lessons life can teach." – Shania Twain.
In life's roller coaster, we once come to a halt, being betrayed, stabbed by our close ones. Shania explains this very wisely in this piece of fake friends quote. This betrayal becomes the necessity for us to make stubborn and careful.
12. "FAKE… It is the latest trend and, everybody seems to be IN STYLE."
Being selfish and fake has become so trendy nowadays that we have forgotten to think about others' emotions and feelings.
13. "Be careful who you trust salt and sugar look the same."
A fake friends quote like the one mentioned is like the alert signal asking us to be careful before trusting any stranger. We need to understand first who is a genuine one and who is the culprit.
14. "You got nothing to lose. You do not lose when you lose fake friends." - Joan Jett.
Joan, in this fake friends quote, very beautifully puts that the ones we lose are fake. As the true ones never leave.
15. "Eliminate those fake friends who seem real when you have something and disappear when you have nothing." – Rashida Rowe.
We should learn to maintain a distance from the ones who come to us for their benefit. When we are in trouble, they will for sure disappear, says Rashida in this fake friends quote.
16. "Betray a friend and, you will often find you have ruined yourself." - Aesop.
If we do something not good for someone, we will have to pay for it. It is the law of nature: what goes around comes around.
17. "What is the whole point of being pretty on the outside? When you are so ugly on the inside?" ― Jess Scott.
We often compliment someone's soul as beautiful, or we call someone as beautiful inside out. It tells us that the person is not only beautiful looking but also is very kind by nature. Jess questions in this fake friends quote that why do you always want to pretend to be good. Do not you get tired of this?
18. "Just like seasons, people also change. But the difference is, once gone, seasons come back." – Himanshu Chhabra.
The real friends never leave our side. The ones who do were never the true ones. Yes, people change but, they do not forget their roots and who stood by with them in their difficult times. They will always be the ones for whom they care and love, but those who leave come to your life only for their selfish benefit says Himanshu in this fake friends quote.
19. "Stop falling for those who will not raise you in the future." – Michael Bassey Johnson.
Some friends always say I will be there for you. When the time comes, they disappear. We help them in their tough times but in turn, what we receive is just their words going in our heads.
20. "It is sad when you look around and realize how many lying, backstabbing, users and fake people you are surrounded by."
We realize that we have surrounded ourselves by all the unreal ones when we need someone to stand by us in difficult times.
21. "Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back."
This fake friends quote conveys that it is better to have a thousand enemies than a friend who is incapable of understanding the meaning of friendship.
22. "Fake friends will believe the gossip about you and leave you."
People are nowadays too quick to judge you on what they hear. Fake friends do this same thing. They hear a rumor about you, and boom, they are gone.
23. "It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend." - William Blake.
It is easy to digest the mistake of someone we are not related to, but it is not easy to forget and forgive the behavior of your friend who has given you wounds for a lifetime, conveys William Blake in this fake friends quote.
24. "Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back." – Michael Bassey Johnson.
Michael Bassey in, this piece of fake friends quote, wants us to understand that not everyone who seems to be happy with us is joyful for us.
25. "I no longer have the energy for meaningless friendships, forced interactions, or unnecessary conversations." – Joquesse Eugenia.
When you have no more energy left, you prefer to walk away from everyone and spend time alone rather than pretending to be happy with someone's friendship.
26. "People wear masks of lies so that they look attractive, so be careful." – Muhammad Saqib.
Muhammad Saqib through, this fake friends quote, wants us to be away from people who play the pretending game of being good. Once their mask of fakeness, it is already very late.
27. "Fake friends are autumn leaves, which are scattered everywhere."
At every step of life, we find fake people everywhere. These people get into your life's train and, they should get down at the earliest possible station.
28. "God does not make bad people, people make bad decisions."
By choosing fake friends to be a part of our life, we make bad decisions. Later on, we blame the almighty when they turn out to be the snakes.
29. "If they talk about other people with you, they will talk about you with other people." ― Carlos Wallace.
This fake friends quote by Carlos Wallace implies that if your friends 'bitch' about others to you, it is self-understood that they might be bitching about us too with others.
30. "You cannot always go by actions because some people will ACT as they love you just to get what they want from you." – Sonya Parker.
These fake friends always portray their good behavior to us. When they get what they want from us, they disappear in the thin air.
31. "Goodbye is the best gift ever that you can receive from worse friends." – Israelmore Ayivor.
From this fake friends quote, Israelmore Ayivor wants to say that it is always fruitful to stay away from ingenuine friends. Once they leave, you will see the missing pieces of your life getting back together.
32. "When you cut off fake friends, you make more room for your true friends."
It is better to bid farewell to the ones who do not deserve our friendship. If the toxic people are flushed away from our lives, there is a lot more to do with the ones who are real gems.
33. "Fake people talk about other people being Fake. Real people worry about their business and nobody else's."
What is within is what is on the tongue. The one who has filled himself with bitterness, jealousy, and enviousness can never think for others' benefit. On the other hand, genuine ones mind their own business and believe in doing good to receive better.
34. "A friend to all is a friend to none."– Aristotle.
How can you be everyones' good friend? How do you manage to handle everyones' secrets? A person who talks sweetly to everyone is the one who hides the most venom in his tongue. Aristotle conveys this perfectly in this piece of fake friends quote.
35. "Fake people are usually the first ones to claim they are real."
When false people find that their mask is falling off, they often act to be the most real ones.
36. "A persons' character is showed through their actions in life NOT where they sit on Sunday."― Navonne Johns.
Nowadays, we fall for peoples' social media and end up being with the wrong company. How a person is we get to see that when either of you is in a difficult situation. When we cannot help them, they may say we are not good enough. Conversely, when we are in difficulty, they might disappear in a wink of an eye.
37. "True friends will always find a way to help you. Fake friends will always find an excuse."
This fake friends quote means that the ingenuine ones are always searching for an opportunity to run away. As soon as they get one, they grab it, and lo! they are gone. They have a list of excuses ready to get rid of us.
38. "A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines." – Benjamin franklin.
Benjamin Franklin wisely quoted this fake friends quote. It is clear that when we are enjoying the good days of our life, everyone shows up. On the other hand, when we want someones' support, only the real ones stick to us.
39. "Growing up means realizing a lot of your friends are not your friends."
Our generation faces more mental problems like depression, loneliness and, so on because we blindly trust everyone at first. Later on, we start having trust issues and believe in living alone.
That is why growing up often is blamed.
40. "You do not lose friends because we can never lose real friends. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you are better for it." – Mandy Hale.
Mandy Hale says that we lose people who behave like our friends as real ones do not need any tag or introduction. They know their duty and stay with us forever. That bond is eternal.
41. "Best friends have 11 letters, but so does Backstabber." - Wiz Khalifa
Wiz Khalifa in, this fake friends quote, asks us to decide for ourselves whom to trust and keep in life.
42. "Sometimes the person you would take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun." – Tupac.
We often go out of our ways to help someone, support them and stand by with them. But it is not necessary to expect the same from that person. These false people will leave once their needs get fulfilled.
43. "Real friends work out problems and forgive fake friends, just keep the drama going."
Some friends will forget and forgive your mistakes, while few will always pinpoint those past mistakes and make you feel guilty for them. It will be wise to be away from such people.
44. "Friends are either a blessing or a lesson."
Everyone comes into this world with some motive. Similarly, a friend who comes into our life has either a lesson for us or their support.
45. "Fake friends are with you today and against you tomorrow. Whatever they say defines them, not you ." ― Shizra.
Shizra conveys through this fake friends quote that false friends are like fading clouds. They will soon fade away. They may be with you today, and tomorrow you may find them talking against you. This whole behavior defines their personality. No one judges you.
46. "Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless."
Every coin has two sides. Similarly, few false people also have two sides. We need to careful with them. We need to understand which side to trust as they choose to show their good side always first.
47. "Make sure the lions you roll with are not snakes in disguise."– Genereux Philip
'A man is known by the company he keeps.' We need to be careful whom we choose as our company. Not everyone we see is genuine. Some are like snakes in disguise, says Genereux Philip in this fake friends quote.
48. "Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies." – Israelmore Ayivor.
Often the ones whom we trust blindly turn out to be the backstabbers. These people can never tolerate our success. They are always in search of things to demotivate us and keep us from being successful.
49. "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." – The Buddha.
The Buddha's wise saying through this fake friends quote informs us to be far from misleading and misguiding people. It is much better to trust the enemy than to trust our people. You never know who turns out to be the donkey in the tiger's skin. The wounds that an enemy gives us are healable. But the injury caused by the people whom we once trusted can never heal.
50. "False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces. But true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports." – Richard Burton.
The injury caused by our loved ones to our healthy hearts is often incurable. It ruins the bonds and makes us incapable of trusting someone again, taking us to the ruinous path of life.
51. "You see a person's true colors when you are no longer beneficial to their life."
When we grow up, we sometimes neglect our parents. The reason for this is because they are no more beneficial to us. Similarly, when people find new ones, they forget the things we did for them. They start showing their true colors. The situation shows you the real side of life.
52. "Fake friends are like coal… when hot… they burn your hands…. when cold… they turn your hands black."
In this piece of a fake friends quote, a comparison is between false people and coal. At least coal is beneficial in some way. But these ingenuine people are never helpful.
53. "You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you." – Sophie Kinsella.
Sophie Kinsella tells us how broken it must be feeling when we come to know our secrets are being spread everywhere like fire and how people are making a joke of you and your feelings. An ingenuine person does this.
54. "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." – Martin Luther King Jr.
We tend to forget what enemies did to us. But we can never forget what a friend did to us when we needed his support, conveys Martin Luther King Jr from this fake friends quote.
55. "Pay close attention who does not clap when you win."
We need to be attentive and awake enough to understand who is ours and who is not. Not everyone happily opens the champagne bottle on our success.
56. "Friends are supposed to cheer you up when you cry, not the reason why you cry."
The happiest ones are those false people who see us crying. Right from the beginning, they wanted to see us crying. The glow on their face says it all when their wish comes true. Such people cannot be your friends.
57. "Fake people are like soap bubbles. They pop out when the sun shines brightly." – Chiranjude Bird.
Chiranjude Bird quoted this fake friends quote very beautifully. When days are merrier, everyone walks in. Whereas when the lightning struck, only your true friend brings an umbrella to save you.
58. "Fake people will wish you the best, just as long as that best benefits them."
There is a thin line between our well-wishers and false people. We need to understand this. Not all people will stay with you forever. They leave when they teach you the hardest lesson of life.
59. "When they see you are doing better without them, that is when they want you back."
The best in us comes out when we are least distracted and motivated by genuine friends. The moment the haters come to know about our well-being, they will always bring their steps back to your life. These people cannot stand our success and happiness.
60. "Spend your time with those who love you unconditionally, not with those who only love you under certain conditions." – Suzy Kassem
Now quickly wrapping this list of fake friends quotes. Last but not least by Suzy Kassem on the list. Insists on us, spending time with genuine friends rather than being with the artificial diamonds. Never trust people who only show up on your good days.
I hope this list helped you figure out the toxic ones in your life. Yes, it is not easy to unmask these ingenuine people. It is unhealthy for our mental health to have such people in life.
It is always wise to let them go. Let us make room for the ones who care for us and support us immensely. Decisions may go wrong.
Find someone who helps you sort those and let polluted ones bid farewell to you. No need to feel bad if you let go of fake friends.
Remember: Haters are always going to hate!
Comment down the quote that you found relatable. Also, like and share these with them.