Are you among the people who found Eat, Pray, Love irresistible? If you loved the movie/book you’ll have a great time recollecting some of these gem ‘Eat, Pray, Love quotes’ that have the power to change a paradigm. This story is very important and highly recommended as it teaches you to love and value yourself, at priority.
We need peace, a meaningful life that's worth living, one where we end up discovering our best selves. And American author Elizabeth Gilbert's memoir, Eat, Pray, Love, and the Julia Roberts-starrer movie based on it, is a perfect guide to living your life the same way. Elizabeth has done wonders with Eat, Pray, Love quotes. They make both the book and the movie come to life as if real characters. This story is about learning, to be our best selves.
Eat, Pray, Love chronicles the author’s trip around the world after her divorce in a candid and eloquent account of her pursuit of worldly pleasure, spiritual devotion, and the purpose. An intensely articulate and moving memoir of self-discovery, Eat, Pray, Love quotes capture the essence of the story which is about what can happen when you claim responsibility for your own contentment and stop trying to live in imitation of society’s ideals.
One of the greatest things we can achieve in life is ‘the balance’ but what is its cost? What is this journey? This fabulous story brings to life the idea of balance, love, and life just the way it is. What we can gain or lose for love. Most importantly what we can carry with us throughout our lives. Here is a collection of 35 eat pray love quotes that will inspire every woman.
These are some amazing, inspirational, wise, funny and witty Eat, Pray, Love quotes that will leave you in awe.
1. You are, after all, what you think. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.
The idea of emotions is often connected with feelings, however, we must know it all arises from our thoughts. We are only as weak as we think we are and only as strong as we wish to be. May this Eat, Pray, Love quote be a reminder to you on the days you need it. Change how you think.
2. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
It is true that we are all made of some broken pieces but how we use it to shine is what makes us different. Having a broken heart is a boon. Repeat it to yourself that it is okay if things don’t work out. It is okay if life is not all how you wanted it to be but have this special Eat, Pray, Love quotes in your pocket to remind you that broken things are often the most beautiful ones.
3. To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.
We all are in search of peace, solace and balance of life. But is there anything that is worth more than this balance? If there is, it has to be love. Love is one of those full-of-life bright colours that make the whole picture beautiful and sometimes out of balance. But maybe, maybe its all worth it. How this Eat, Pray, Love quote words it so well is still a wonder!
4. You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.
This is one of the purest things you’ll ever hear. This Eat, Pray, Love quote is a reminder to throw light at what matters. And what matters the most is you.
5. I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.
6. I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on the water.
7. You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.
This is some of the most inspiring Eat, Pray, Love quotes that would fit right to anybody.
8. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.
9. Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.
10. I am a better person when I have less on my plate.
11. We search for happiness everywhere, but we are like Tolstoy’s fabled beggar who spent his life sitting on a pot of gold, under him the whole time. Your treasure–your perfection–is within you already. But to claim it, you must leave the buy commotion of the mind and abandon the desires of the ego and enter into the silence of the heart.
12. We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.
13. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.
14. When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It’s safe. Let go.
15. Prayer is a relationship; half the job is mine. If I want transformation, but can’t even be bothered to articulate what, exactly, I’m aiming for, how will it ever occur?
16. To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.
Read this Eat, Pray, Love quote every day and remind yourself that you are strong and resilient and your dreams are worth every obstacle in your life.
17. You must be very polite with yourself when you are learning something new.
18. Every city has a single word that defines it, that identifies most people who live there. If you could read people’s thoughts as they were passing you on the streets of any given place, you would discover that most of them are thinking the same thought. Whatever that majority thought might be – that is the word of the city. And if your personal word does not match the word of the city then you don’t really belong there.
19. God never slams a door in your face without opening a box of Girl Scout cookies…
Before you ignore this as a funny quote, think again. The meaning is much deeper than the sentence.
20. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
21. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.
22. We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.
23. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestation of your own blessings.
24. As smoking is to the lungs, so is resentment to the soul; even one puff is bad for you.
The truest statements have insights beyond the common regime. If you’re reading this and any kind of resentment is holding you back, just know that you can do better for yourself and it is a great quality to have. May this honest Eat, Pray, Love quote be your guiding light out of the dark.
25. You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.
26. There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.
Maybe somethings make sense only after repercussions, like this Eat, Pray, Love quote.
27. Once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.
28. A true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
29. When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of your life. With great joy.
30. Embrace the Glorious Mess that you are.
Who are you if you’re not yourself? We often try to hide our flaw and try to be who we thought we want to be like. We are all unique and we need to embrace the mess that we are. This Eat, Pray, Love quote is a one simple life quote that actually talks volumes. It is something that we all need to remember.
31. I am stronger than depression and I am braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.
Do you have a mantra for the times when life gets tougher? You will find this one the best for any situation when you feel the problem you’re facing is bigger than you. Use this Eat, Pray, Love quote as guidance to have for life.
32. Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.
33. The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving.
34. Some days are meant to be counted, others are meant to be weighed.
This beautiful Eat, Pray, Love quote emphasis that you don’t need to push yourself so hard every day, Somedays you need the sun and other days you need the warmth of your blanket.
35. Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it’s what you want before you commit.
I found this one hilarious. And the situation where it’s used. However, it may sound funny but it’s undoubtedly true. That’s what having a baby is like and some women needn’t choose it. It is no compulsion. Ladies, we are under no obligation to bear a child, if you are a woman of dreams and passion, and having a child doesn’t seem like it is for you, then let this Eat, Pray, Love quote will inspire you to do what you wish to.
This is one of those stories that make you look at yourself and the life you have chosen, differently. You analyse your reasons, your beliefs, and most importantly you introspect. It is a boon to have, so if you haven’t already seen the movie or read the book.
Choose one and do it. These Eat, Pray, Love quotes will stay with you for life. It has been a significant part of people’s lives and sometimes a story is all it takes to change amidst ourselves, the change we require. Hope you could relate to these amazing Eat, Pray, Love quotes.
- 50 Best Games Of Thrones Quotes That Will Stay With Us For A Long Time
- 35 Harvey Specter Quotes That Are Powerful, Badass And Help You Ace Your Work
- 25 Captain America Quotes From Marvel Movies That Prove Inspiring For All
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events