Every man in the world is just a dupe of another by birth. What makes him as an individual is his deeds and achievements carried out in life. His experiences solely speak who he is as a person and what sense he makes to this world as well. CV Raman is the best epitome of this where he planted himself strong enough to inspire people with his deep understanding of life.
Being a laureate of Nobel Prize for Physics, CV Raman has contributed a paramount to the Science field. Alongside, his perspective and ideologies on life and success make him a great human to look up. His numerous selfless thoughts witness him as a prominent scientist, a successor and an inspirer.
Here is a list of 35 CV Raman quotes to fuel your way to success.
1. I am the master of my failure… If I never fail how will I ever learn.
This quote by CV Raman emphasizes the importance of failure in the journey to success. No person is perfect unless he hones his/her personality from the experiences of failures.
This is one of the best CV Raman quotes that stresses on 'Failures are the best teachers' indeed!
2. Treat me right and you will see the light… Treat me wrong and you will be gone!
What else can a dignified man expect from society?! As one among CV Raman quotes, this states that all a man needs is respect and right treatment which reflects back as such.
When failed to do so, the reflection this time would be serious enough to blow the enemy out. Being humane is essential is the underlying statement of this quote of CV Raman.
3. It was poverty and the poor laboratories that gave me the determination to do the very best I could
Poverty could be the reason for your obsession but can never be the boundary for success. While the fulfilled people get chances to try less, people struggling to get the prerequisites practice on these tries that make them easier to attain their destiny.
This one out of many CV Raman quotes simply spells hard work mantra.
4. You can’t always choose who comes into your life but you can learn what lesson they teach.
In this cunning world, it is hard to identify good and bad people. Amid this scenario, when one is able to make good decisions, it is easy to segregate the thoughts embedded by them into good and bad columns.
Now, it is our turn to practice the goods and learn how not to be bad. Amid all the CV Raman quotes, this one highlights him as a practitioner though.
5. Ask the right questions, and nature will open the door to her secrets.
Being a part of CV Raman quotes, this suggests that as far as Science and nature are concerned, the beauty of the universe is unveiled upon our discoveries until then they are left as secrets. The way we choose to explore things matters a lot.
Right questions will pave the way to your quest, bad questions will pave circles to loop on without reaching destiny. If Newton kept criticising the apple that fell on him, he couldn’t have thought how it fell.
This CV Raman quote is a procedural step towards achievements.
6. Success can come to you by courageous devotion to the task lying in front of you.
In this one of CV Raman quotes on success, the fundamental purpose is to never lose an opportunity, may it be tiny or massive. Handling the opportunity with responsibility will never nullify the courageous drive towards success.
So, whatever you get, grab it, own it, test it and implement it with all devotion and dedication.
7. We need a spirit of victory, a spirit that will carry us to our rightful place under the sun, a spirit which will recognize that we, as inheritors of a proud civilisation, are entitled to a rightful place on this planet.
Find a purpose to live. Make that purpose to flourish your civilization and planet you live in. Nothing more than your achievements will be spoken when you leave this earth behind.
Most importantly, those achievements and successes must be spiritful enough to inspire others and proud enough to recognise you as a part of human society.
The best among all CV Raman quotes, which I felt, will surely find the right place for you!
8. Real growth of a country was in hearth, minds, bodies and souls of young men and women of the country.
Apart from CV Raman quotes on Science and life, this one speaks about the motherland in general. When a developing country heads towards the title developed country, the citizens with all their minds and souls are the fuel to this ignition.
As we notice close, men and women are already stated equal who together is the reason for a country’s growth.
9. If someone judges you, they are wasting space in their mind. Best part, it’s their problem.
That’s true! No one is worth you to judge you. May their judgement be in favour or not in favour of you, do not take it to your mind or heart because both may turn venomous. Instead, drop it as if it's their own problem and not yours and proceed with your job (righteous).
This particular one out of other CV Raman quotes, emphasizes to take opinions alone and never get preoccupied with mere judgements.
10. The essence of the scientific spirit is to realise what a wonderful world it is that we live in.
This one is of CV Raman quotes on philosophy, tells his philosophical side besides his scientific career. As you mine deeper, the more you explore and so is this world. Science can only be the miner to traverse and realise the place we are blessed with. Good incorporation of science and philosophy!
11. The whole edifice of modern physics is built up on the fundamental hypothesis of the atomic or molecular constitution of matter.
This quote of CV Raman tells how the fundamentals are as important as big inventions today. In the same way, it helps us understand that each part or event is important to build a huge success. One of the ponderful CV Raman quotes as simple as tiny drops make a big sea!
12. I have a feeling that if the women of India take to Science, they will achieve what even men have failed to do. Women have one quality - the quality of devotion. It is one of the most important passports to success in Science. Let us not imagine that intellect is a sole prerogative of males, in Science.
This one among 35 CV Raman quotes, describes his strong feeling for the womankind and empowers women. Every woman is a wonder herself; the sad part is that fewer women come out with colours. Science field is a sector where we could find male achieving more when compared to women.
CV Raman encourages the womanizers out there to show off their devotion to the fullest to even achieve more than men.
13. In the history of Science, we often find that the study of some natural phenomenon has been the starting point in the development of a new branch of knowledge.
For anything important and crucial, there is a point of emergence. Every invention and discovery is a foundation to grow new and more out of it. Hence, this quote of CV Raman foregrounds the idea that this is the beginning, yet to discover a lot!
14. The true wealth of a nation consists not in the stored-up gold but in the intellectual and physical strength of its people.
Another one of CV Raman quotes is very very true that a country’s wealth does not mean simply currency but also the prosperity of intellects. People play a major role in a country and their contribution counts.
15. I think what is needed in India today is the destruction of that defeatist spirit.
Yet another life realism to be realised via CV Raman quotes. The inferiority complex and hesitance are the two main conspirators of one’s motive. Break the ice to see yourself flying out in colours.
Counterattack your defeater in you before you worry for success.
16. It is not that idealism of student days finds adequate opportunity for expression in the later life of manhood.
Here comes his vision on students’ life. This is one of the encouraging CV Raman quotes, descriptive of the fact that learning is limitless and not restricted to a particular period of time.
17. I feel it is unnatural and immoral to try to teach Science to children in a foreign language. They will know facts but they will miss the spirit.
This quote of CV Raman is explanatory about the importance of one’s language as a mentor and culture as well. Moreover, learning needs an understanding of concepts rather than the facts. Therefore, the willingness to learn arises when the concept is clear.
18. We must teach science in the mother tongue. Otherwise, science will become a highbrow activity. It will not be an activity in which all people can participate.
19. Science is a fusion of man’s aesthetic and intellectual functions devoted to the representations of nature. It is therefore the highest form of creative art.
A must think upon verse out of all CV Raman quotes, foregrounds his perspective of humans’ endowments to nature via the subject of science with all their creative minds. Hence, it is considered the best creative art.
20. It is generally believed that it is the students who derive benefit by working under the guidance of a professor. In reality, the professor benefits equally by his association with gifted students working under him.
This CV Raman quote reminds him as a professor before he was a physicist. These words plunge hard the fact that the teacher learns while he feeds a student with his knowledge.
One of the CV Raman quotes to realize that the two-way sharing of knowledge enables enlightenments on both sides.
21. I strongly believe that fundamental science cannot be driven by instructional, industrial, governmental or military pressures. This was the reason why I decided, as far as possible, not to accept money from the government.
This CV Raman quote is self-explanatory about his thirst to achieve in the Science field. A perfect one of CV Raman quotes that tells a true achiever always wants to be self-made at the cost of his own blood and sweat.
22. To an observer situated on the moon or on one of the planets, the most noticeable feature on the surface of our globe would no doubt be the large areas covered by oceanic water. The sunlit face of the earth would appear to shine by the light diffused back into space from the land and water-covered areas.
Having come through the life related inspirational CV Raman quotes, his quotes on Science are strong enough to instil a passion for science in young minds. These words, literally, are a notion to think technically.
23. When we consider the fact that nearly three-quarters of the surface of the globe is covered by oceanic water, we begin to realise that the molecular scattering of light in liquids may possess an astronomical significance, in fact contribute in an important degree to the observed albedo of the earth.
Here’s another effect of Science on life engraved by the CV Raman quotes. The albedo pretty much finely defines the way we take things. Lighter colours reflect back more to seem bright and vice versa for the darker cases.
Now. the choice is left to you.
24. The fundamental importance of the subject of molecular diffraction came first to be recognized through the theoretical work of the late Lord Rayleigh on the blue light of the sky, which he showed to be the result of the scattering of sunlight by the gases of the atmosphere.
This one among CV Raman quotes on science, shows how he was inspired by the work of another physicist Rayleigh and most importantly, Rayleigh’s initial assumption turned into the prevailing fact of nature.
So, practice makes a man perfect!
25. Is there any more encouraging sign than to see an Indian, who has never been to a university, like our friend Mr Asutosh Dey here, for example, carrying out original work and finding it recognized by the foremost societies of the world?
Here’s one among beautiful and thoughtful CV Raman quotes that approves an avid learner. He cites his friend as an inspiration who hasn't had strategic education but happened to be recognized for his exceptional work.
Hence, do not worry what you have, fight hard to hit your aim.
26. The essence of science is independent thinking, hard work, and not equipment. When I got my Nobel Prize, I had spent hardly 200 rupees on my equipment.
This is a perfect piece to inspire and drive on the people who are worried about unavoidable hindrances in life.
This one among CV Raman quotes on his life experience, has put forward the fact to worry only about your skills and hard work and not the materials. Materialism is not realism, rather a hallucination!
27. I have always thought it a great privilege to have as my colleague in the Palit Chair of Chemistry such a distinguished pioneer in scientific research and education in Bengal as Sir Prafulla Ray. It has been invariably my experience that I could count on his cooperation and sympathy in every matter concerning my scientific work.
The most important moral a person should carry out in life is gratitude. A grateful among all CV Raman quotes, delivers his gratitude towards his colleague and his praises for his co-worker is selfless. This is a must quality in one’s success. Selfishness ruins success.
28. It was the late Dr. Mahendra Lal Sircar who, by founding the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, made it possible for the scientific aspirations of my early years to continue burning brightly.
It is his generosity to mention the people who have been the stepping stones to his success. This one among all CV Raman’s quotes spotlights the person who has been a reason for his accomplishment.
29. It will soon be 25 years from the date of publication of my first research work. That the scientific aspirations kindled by that early work did not suffer extinction has been due entirely to the opportunities provided for me by the great city of Calcutta.
From this quote of CV Raman, it is evident that once the fire of determination is ignited in you, there can be no chances of diminishment to get demotivated.
30. In the first English class I attended, Prof. E. H. Elliot, addressing me, asked if I really belonged to the Junior B. A. class, and I had to answer him in the affirmative. He then proceeded to inquire how old I was.
This quote of CV Raman is quite nostalgic when many of us were hesitant to show off our knowledge voluntarily thinking what our friends would assume. These lines out of all CV Raman quotes tell that not to be reluctant with your knowledge but ace your skills that even makes your professor wonder!
31. From Calcutta has gone forth a living stream of knowledge in many branches of study. It is inspiring to think of the long succession of scholars, both Indian and European, who have lived in this city, made it their own, and given it of their best.
CV Raman has graduated from a university in Calcutta and these lines say how he was motivated to practice with diverse people. Another life lesson from CV Raman quotes - Wherever you go, your knowledge is your survival.
32. I received my parents’ permission and went into the Navy on June 3, 1941.
Parents are the eternal supporters of our dream. His abidance to his parents’ guidance is highlighted in this unique one among the other CV Raman quotes.
33. A voyage to Europe in the summer of 1921 gave me the first opportunity of observing the wonderful blue opalescence of the Mediterranean Sea. It seemed not unlikely that the phenomenon owed its origin to the scattering of sunlight by the molecules of the water. CV Raman acknowledges how he turned the available opportunity into achievement on implementing his ideas encountered in his life events. This experimental one of all CV Raman quotes asserts - ‘Keep experimenting on every single real-time event.’
34. It seemed, indeed, that the study of light-scattering might carry one into the deepest problems of physics and chemistry, and it was this belief which led to the subject becoming the main theme of our activities at Calcutta from that time onwards.
This one of all CV Raman quotes on Science, tells how it all started with and their assumption about Physics and Chemistry. From then on, that set the baseline for them to work on. Raman effect seems more enough to understand Physics and Chemistry.
35. Towards the end of February 1928, I took the decision of using brilliant monochromatic illumination obtained by the aid of the commercially available mercury arcs sealed in quartz tubes.
This last one of 35 CV Raman quotes marks the word ‘sustained development’. An effective sustainable scientific invention that set the mark for his Nobel Prize nomination.
All the 35 quotes of CV Raman, did not represent him as a scientist alone, rather a great philosopher and life inspiration for all. All his thoughts speak the reality and are worthy to rely upon. Hope you are taking away valuable insights from these CV Raman quotes.
- 25 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes For The World To Lead A Great Life
- 51 Rabindranath Tagore Quotes That Are Inspirational and Wise
- 36 B.R Ambedkar Quotes Which Tell About His Powerful Personality
- 51 Swami Vivekananda Quotes That Are Inspiring And Motivating
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events