Bob Marley was a global symbol of Jamaican music, a global figure in popular culture, considered one of the pioneers of reggae, awarded with the fourth-highest honour (Order of Merit) by the nation of Jamaica, Robert Nesta Marley was a Jamaican singer, musician, and songwriter.
Bob Marley started with his professional music career by forming a band ‘Bob Marley and the Wailers’ but after some time, the band disbanded and he continued solo. He was known to bring the feel of spirituality with his music. Unfortunately, he died at the early age of 36 due to skin cancer.
But this man ranked 11 in the list of 100 Greatest artists of all time by Rolling Stone will always be remembered. So, let us have a look at some of the beautiful Bob Marley quotes, which will inspire you to like never before! Here, we have a list of 51 Bob Marley quotes to help along your way.
1. Love the life you live; live the life you love.
This seems to be simple, right? Yet, it is not. You often forget to live and love your own life in this fast-paced world. Hence, it turns out to be one of the most important Bob Marley quotes.
2. When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet.
Sound like philosophy? It’s the truth indeed. When you do something after knowing everything in depth about it, you are bound to succeed. This Bob Marley quote emphasises on gaining in-depth knowledge so that nobody can challenge you to lose.
3. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Isn't this one of the beautiful Bob Marley quotes? It is we ourselves who chain our freedom and thoughts. If we set ourselves free and embrace liberty, we have the power to touch the sky.
4. Man is a universe within himself.
If you believe in yourself, you have everything in you. All the strength, all the power, all the motivation comes from you. It is one of the most inspiring Bob Marley quotes.
5. It's your own conscience that is gonna remind you; that it's your heart and nobody else's that is gonna judge.
Log Kya Kahenge (What will people say)? This is the most common question asked in today's world. And the biggest irony is, it is you yourself who are thinking on behalf of other people rather than them thinking. So stop overthinking by always remembering this quote by Bob Marley.
6. Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.
7. Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver and gold.
8. Truth is the light, so you never give up the fight.
The path of truth is the path of and path to glory. Truth is never going to be defeated as highlighted by this encouraging Bob Marley quote.
9. As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.
10. When one door is closed, don't you know, another is open.
Life is going to give you a lot of setbacks and a lot of challenges. Doors are bound to close but that is the time you should not lose faith because another door is already opened waiting for you. A motivating Bob Marley quote.
11. Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life.
12. Don't trust people whose feelings change with time. Trust people whose feelings remain the same, even when the time changes.
13. Live for yourself and you will live in vain; live for others, and you will live again.
14. If you're white and you're wrong, then you're wrong; if you're black and you're wrong, you're wrong. People are people. Black, blue, pink, green – God make no rules about colour; only society make rules where my people suffer, and that why we must have redemption and redemption now.
15. Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that's all.
God made us all equal. Then why not respect that and live in harmony with one another. So simply stated by this Bob Marley quote.
16. My feet is my only carriage.
17. My future is righteousness.
18. The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?
19. They say: only the fittest of the fittest shall survive, stay alive!
20. You are not supposed to feel down over whatever happens to you. I mean, you're supposed to use whatever happens to you as some type of upper, not a downer.
Failure is the stepping stone to success. Every time you fall down, you are indeed gaining a new experience and learning in life. Such an uplifting quote by Bob Marley.
21. If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
Don’t blame others for your own failure or setbacks. You have to take the responsibility as well as the blame on yourself and work hard and smart to get over it. Start taking action as you learn from this eye opening Bob Marley quote.
22. If you get down and quarrel every day, you're saying prayers to the devil, I say.
23. I know that I'm not perfect and that I don't claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.
24. In the abundance of water, a fool is thirsty.
25. Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.
Happiness is a state of mind. A reason is not always required to be happy, so it's better to gear up, bring that smile with this lovely Bob Marley quote.
26. The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.
Everyone is on time. Stop comparing yourself with others. Stop running in the made race of life. Enjoy your journey. Beautifully put by this Bob Marley quote.
27. You ain't gonna miss your water until your well runs dry.
28. Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living.
The most beautiful part of your goal is the journey you take, and that journey makes your life worth living. Do remember to take this quote from Bob Marley on your remarkable journey of life.
29. Don't worry about a thing, cos every little thing is gonna be alright.
If it's not right, it's not the end. Worrying about things will not solve the problem at all. Enjoy life as it comes because everything will be alright. This is one of the most inspirational Bob Marley quotes.
30. Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.
31. One love, one heart, Let's get together and feel alright.
32. If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy.
33. The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.
34. She may not be the most popular or prettiest but if you love her and she makes you smile… what else matters?
When it comes to the subject of love, if the girl you love does make you smile, then she being the most beautiful and famous don't count. That is what love means. Such a loving quote by Bob Marley.
35. I will never regret you or say I wish I'd never met you because once upon a time, you were exactly what I needed.
36. The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore, we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.
37. I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car.
38. What's important is man should live in righteousness, in natural love for mankind.
39. The mind replays what the heart can't delete.
40. The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.
Expectations from people should be the last thing you should keep on your plate because that can and will hurt you. But you will meet some people in your life, who will be totally worth suffering for. Make sure to connect with them and with this quote by Bob Marley.
41. If you can love the wrong person that much, imagine how much you can love the right one.
42. Being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure.
43. Conquer the devils with a little thing called love.
44. There will never be any love at all.
45. Love, friendship, laughter… Some of the best things in life really are free.
When you say nothing comes free in life, you actually tend to forget that the best things in life like love, friendship, laughter are totally free. Then why not make the best out of it, right? One of the most wonderful in the list of Bob Marley quotes.
46. The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
47. Your life is worth much more than gold.
48. Money can't buy life.
49. Possession makes you rich? I don't have that type of richness. My richness is life, forever.
50. Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.
There is no end to greed. How much ever you accumulate money to gain happiness, your accumulation will never be enough. A thought-provoking quote by Bob Marley.
The wisdom of Bob Marley is clearly evident from his quotes on love, life, and money. Through his quotes, he has taught the world the importance of living and loving the right way and simultaneously his quotes also bring a lot of motivation and inspiration with them.
Life is simple, only complicated by humans. In such a scenario the quotes by Bob Marley are surely a great source to enhance the quality of living through simplicity.
- 31 Walt Disney Quotes Which Pulls Your Interest Towards Success
- 30 Quotes by Elon Musk To Get Motivated and Enlighten Your Life
- 10 Quotes By Mark Zuckerberg That Help You Gain Entrepreneurial Success
- 15 Quotes by Sundar Pichai That Inspire You To Dream & Take Risks
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events