The date 11th October 1942, gifted us with a soul that further took the film industry by storm being known as the Shahenshah of Bollywood. Amitabh Bachchan was born to the famous writer and poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan.
Big B gained popularity in the early 70s with films such as Zanjeer, Deewar, Trishul, etc. These films were action-based and from there the idea of a hero bashing up a group of goons came along. With a career span of more than 5 decades, Big B has worked in more than 200 movies.
Amitabh Bachchan has worked as an actor, producer, Tv host and also has sung some songs. He married his co-star Jaya Bhaduri (Bachchan) on whom in an interview told he had a crush on. From the marriage, he has two kids named Shweta Bachchan Nanda and Abhishek Bachchan.
Amitabh Bachchan wandered the fields of politics too but later realised that the particular field is not his cup of tea and resigned later on. It is said that he was the most dominant actor in the era of 70s-80s. Carrying the 'angry young man' persona he delivered some excellent pieces of work and from the list 'Sholey' is worth mentioning.
But from being a newbie outsider to the best actor of the century, the road to stardom was never easy. In his early career, he had to face a lot of struggles. Out of the films he did, few of those did stand up in the box office but the majority of his films flopped. What's in the destiny can't be altered and eventually, his talent was recognised and he was offered the film Zanjeer.
Zanjeer turned out to be a super hit and from there, there was no looking back. Amitabh Bachchan won many national and international film awards and the list is very long. He is also felicitated by Govt. of India with Dada Saheb Phalke Award in 2019, Padma Vibhushan in 2015, Padma Bhushan in 2001 and Padma Shri in 1984.
Here are 45 Amitabh Bachchan quotes on life, struggle, success and idealism that will help you grow in life:
1. I am a pledged ORGAN DONOR.. I wear the green ribbon of its sanctity!!
In the above Amitabh Bachchan quote, he notifies his audience about the fact that he has been an organ donor.
2. कोई भी लक्ष्य मनुष्य के साहस से बड़ा नही, हारा वही जो लड़ा नही।
In this Amitabh Bachchan quote, he gives a brief about life's philosophy. He teaches about the fact that in life, rather than giving up on our dreams we should keep trying and trying harder.
3. तू - You, तुम - You, आप - You, यही शब्दों का अंतर व इनके अंदर समाहीत भाव ही हिन्दी को अलग बताता है।
Hindi is a great language in itself and in this Amitabh Bachchan quote, he tries to describe the depth of our national language.
4. जो नही है हमारे पास वो ख्वाब है, पर जो है वो लाजवाब है।
Greed is one of the biggest evils in life. Being happy with what we have is the ultimate way out. This message is been conveyed by this Amitabh Bachchan quote.
5. दुनिया में दो ही सच्चे ज्योतिषी हैं! मन की बात समझने वाली माँ! भविष्य को पहचानने वाले पिता |
Moms and Dads are the two pillars on which a child's life thrives. This quote by Amitabh Bachchan narrates that importance which we feel in our lives.
6. Bad times either destroy you or make you stronger enough to be who you actually are.
The above Amitabh Bachchan quote throws light on the truth of life. Bad times bring with them the ultimate test of life which either gives structure to your life or destroys your presence.
7. Make your own choices in light of your own wisdom.
How philosophic of a person, that could thread such a deep thought in words.
8. Everyone must accept that we will age and age isn't always flattering.
Everyone will age and that's the truth of life. There is nothing extraordinary in it. In this quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he picks up the topic.
9. I am very happy with what I see. The grey, the not so grey and the camouflaged. That's life. One has to live with it.
In the above quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he says that life has all shades. We have to live with all these, which one to pick up, the good or the bad is all up to us.
10. We are not the people we are in films. I am not an alcoholic, but I portray that. I can't bash up 20 guys at a time in real life. It's just that I do it well on screen.
This quote by Amitabh Bachchan helps us differentiate between the reel and real life.
11. Bad luck either destroys you or makes you the man or woman you really are.
Good luck and bad luck are parts of life. How a person celebrates one and fights back from the other is quoted by Amitabh Bachchan here.
12. I may be number 1 to 10 at box office but that still doesn't mean that I am irreplaceable.
In the above line, Amitabh Bachchan is trying to state that he might be one of the top artists but that doesn't mean he is irreplaceable. This quote by Amitabh Bachchan states how much down to earth person he is.
13. Change is the nature of life but challenge is the future of life. So challenge the changes. Never change the challenges.
Life is full of changes and the challenge that comes along with it. Some people fight the challenges and some people run from it. Here Amitabh Bachchan quotes the message that we should challenge the change not change the challenge.
14. Donate and do not talk about it, they say you do nothing for the society. Do and talk about it, they will say you seek publicity.
The double standards of the society is narrated by Amitabh Bachchan in this quote of his. You should do a deed without expectation of getting fame in return of it.
15. I believe that cinema picks up ideas from the society and not the other way round.
Cinema is the mirror of life and in the above quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he voices this view. What we see in the films is an amalamation of the incidents happening in our day to day life.
16. No one is perfect, and criticism is always welcome and expected.
When you are a public figure, appreciation and criticism both are your companions. So hampering the work due to the criticisms is not what an actor should do.
17. Frankly I've never really subscribed to these adjectives tagging me as an 'icon', 'superstar', etc. I've always thought of myself as an actor doing his job to the best of his ability.
How great of a person he can be! Being the best actor alive, he still doesn't tag himself as an icon or a superstar. That's the level of simplicity a true human should have.
18. I like to feel the butterflies in the stomach, I like to go home and have a restless night and wonder how I am going to be able to accomplish this feet, get jittery. That hunger and those butterflies in the stomach are very essential for all creative people.
Stopping has been compared to death. The continuous hunger that lurks to achieve more and more is what provides the artist with a push. In his above lines, Amitabh Bachchan quotes that the hunger for more accomplishments is very essential for creative people.
19. Basically I am just another actor who loves his work and this thing about age only exists in the media.
In this quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he says that he is also like the other actors who simply love the work and there is nothing extra special in it.
20. I don't use any technique; I'm not trained to be an actor. I just enjoy working in films.
Love toward the work is what keeps a person going. In the above quote, he clarifies that he isn't a trained actor. He loves his work and that adds the natural touch to his flawlessly great acting.
21. It's a great opportunity to be together apart from celebrating Indian Cinema.
Cinema is an integral part of our lives. Any movie that we watch and enjoy, it becomes a celebration in the moment. So in other sentences we all celebrate Indian Cinema whenever we come across any great movie. Here in this Amitabh Bachchan quote, he quotes this message.
22. That which lasts long isn't easily got, That which easily got doesn't last long.
What a wonderful quote by Amitabh Bachchan this is. Long-lasting things can never be easily achieved. It takes time.
23. There are many things that I feel that I have missed out on.
It's a common trait of all great people. They never get satisfied with what and how much they have done and achieved in their lifetime, and maybe that's what defines their greatness. The above quote by Amitabh Bachchan is an example.
24. I was very shy as a child. Very shy. A lot of problems with very few things, like entering a restaurant all by myself.
Amitabh Bachchan quotes the message that he used to be very shy as a child.
25. It's the luminosity of lights that illuminates our presence.. else we are just so common.
And in my sentence, it's the luminosity of their wisdom that illuminates their personality. In the quote above by Amitabh Bachchan, he proves how much selfless he is to his humongous glamour.
26. I've accepted I was a failure in politics. I wasn't qualified for the job.
Accepting failure is as important if not more than celebrating success. Amitabh confesses it in the above quote that he wasn't qualified for politics.
27. Coming together should be considered something positive for people and communities. When thoughts come together, that can be more positive than an individual thought.
United we rise, divided we fall. We all know this saying. In the above quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he says the same.
28. I sometimes lament the fact that I do not have the benefit of a complete and ailment free body structure.
In the above quote, Amitabh Bachchan laments that he doesn't have the benefit of a complete ailment free body structure.
29. Mr. Leonardo DiCaprio - he be soo gorgeous no wonder all the ladies flockin' to him - He be Gatsby.
In the above quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he praises the famous Hollywood actor Leonardo Di Caprio.
30. I have never been a superstar and never believed in it.
Another quote by Amitabh Bachchan where he describes his greatness.
31. I don't know how others think about me, but if I have to walk the streets, I will, and if I need to stand in a queue at the airport, that's ok.
The personified version of simplicity. By this quote, Amitabh Bachchan again proved that his glamour and stardom can never take over his humanity.
32. Perfection needs efforts to get it right. I need to rehearse for it. Many others who are greatly more efficient than me, do not. To each his crafts! And I am no legend!
Practice makes a man perfect. But again none is totally perfect. So keep practising and leave the rest on the hands of uncertainty.
33. I feel burden if I don't write.
By this quote, he describes how he feels when he doesn't write.
34. I think that it's important that actors keep getting challenged everyday. For every creative person, it's a terrible moment when they say they have done all they want to do.
Challenges keep the versatility of an actor alive. It creates variation and supplies the courage to perform on it. Here Amitabh Bachchan quotes that actors should get challenged everyday.
35. Back in time, there was no celluloid, no film, which was the most expensive commodity of that time. We could not afford retakes. But now, with everything digital, you can shoot for hours and keep correcting yourself.
In the above quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he narrates the struggles that actors had to do back in time. If we think deeper, we can understand how much talented these people were. Supplying proper scenes in limited takes is not an easy task at all.
36. I find that today's generation relies a lot more on English, even the Hindi dialogues are given to me in Roman English. I can't read that, I don't like that.
Today's generation has been more western driven. In the above quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he puts forward the topic that nowadays English is given more priority than our regional languages.
37. I am insecure about tomorrow. Will I get another job? Will it be appreciated? I will pursue acting as long as I have a face and body that is acceptable to the people, but I still worry that if I don't do better tomorrow, it will all go away.
Being a superstar is tough but maintaining the position of a superstar is way tougher. Once a standard is set, one has to deliver in accordance with that even if not better than that. Amitabh Bachchan quotes this message here.
38. I like to rate myself as a performer up front, both in films as well as in television.
39. My opening words to anybody I hire are, I'm an extremely vulnerable person.
Here in this quote by Amitabh Bachchan, he states that he is an extremely vulnerable person.
40. Life is a blur when one is essaying different roles; it is so fulfilling.
41. People are fed up with seeing the same thing over and over. They want a qualitative change.
Variation provides the audience with fun and excitement. People get bored with that same cliche stories and scenes after a time. This message is conveyed by this quote above by Amitabh Bachchan.
42. Events of the day move you beyond words .. tonight is one such day .. manual scavenging is an unconstitutional and illegal act .. yet .. it exists and they that work, suffer inhuman existence .. Will join any campaign that works for their benefit .. have pledged!
In this Amitabh Bachchan quote, he takes the pledge to help the manual scavengers of the country.
43. Life doth give a lot to us, but we count only that which has not been given.
Life provides everyone with an abundance of good moments and things. But we are humans! We always long for things (mostly materialistic) which either we don't have or not meant for us. This message is quoted above.
44. When the noise all about thee is quiet .. savour it, allow it to breathe , give it the space in the room.
45. Life be that ice cream in a cone or that stirred warm drink .. consume it before it melts or before it gets cold.
Enjoy every moment that life provides. This quote by Amitabh Bachchan refers to us that we should live our life to its fullest.
"Greatest people are the most humble ones too" and Amitabh Bachchan is the personified version of this sentence. He does charity and donates open-handedly to ones who are needy. His aura is so big that there is barely anyone who can stand by. He's the greatest star of the century indeed!
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events