Words are not simply the conjunction of letters that they emanate emotions mercily and ruthlessly as well. When words are put in certain order representing a person’s thoughts, it is a kind of art, called poetry.
Poems make better sense than simple writings because they are sometimes short, clear cut and moreover coincide with our innate emotions beneath our hearts that cannot be explored easily.
Our India owns a clan of poetry in which Amir Khusro poetry is remarkable. His works, predominantly in Persian and Hindavi, rose to fame in the court of Mughals to flee worldwide.
His soulful and heartfelt poems are enlisted in this article that you must not miss out.
1. Har qaum raast raahay, deen-e wa qibla gaahay,Mun qibla raast kardam, bar samt kajkulaahay.Sansaar har ko poojay, kul ko jagat sarahay,Makkay mein koyi dhoondhay, Kaashi ko koi jaaye,Guyyian main apnay pi kay payyan padun na kaahay.Har qaum raast raahay, deen-e wa qibla gaahay.....
The very first Amir Khusro poetry here is all about spirituality in which the great poet is found spiritual and faithful to his God. Through these lines of faith, Amir Khusro empowers all the sects with faith, unbiased.
2. Kafir-e-ishqam musalmani mara darkaar neest
Har rag-e mun taar gashta hajat-e zunnaar neest;
Az sar-e baaleen-e mun bar khez ay naadaan tabeeb
Dard mand-e ishq ra daroo bajuz deedaar neest;
Nakhuda dar kashti-e maagar nabashad go mubaash
Makhuda daareem mara nakhuda darkaar neest;
Khalq mi goyad ki Khusrau but parasti mi kunad
Aarey aarey mi kunam ba khalq mara kaar neest.
This Amir Khusro poetry on love is thought-provoking as these words want us to worship love more than the creed of any sect.
3. Nami danam chi manzil bood shab jaay ki man boodam;Baharsu raqs-e bismil bood shab jaay ki man boodam.Pari paikar nigaar-e sarw qadde laala rukhsare;Sarapa aafat-e dil bood shab jaay ki man boodam.Khuda khud meer-e majlis bood andar laamakan Khusrau;Muhammad shamm-e mehfil bood shab jaay ki man boodam.
The next Amir Khusro poetry shows his agony as a victim of love where he could see many other companions with him.
4. Khabaram raseed imshab ki nigaar khuahi aamad;
Sar-e man fidaa-e raah-e ki sawaar khuahi aamad.
Ham-e aahwan-e sehra sar-e khud nihada bar kaf;
Ba-umeed aanki rozi bashikaar khuahi aamad.
Kashishi ki ishq daarad naguzaradat badinsaa;
Ba-janazah gar nayai ba-mazaar khuahi aamad.
Balabam raseed jaanam fabiya ki zindah maanam;
Pas azan ki man na-maanam bacha kar khuahi aaamad.
In this Amir Khusro poetry, the heart wounded poet makes a call for his beloved to visit him at least at the verge of his death.
5. Ay chehra-e zeba-e tu rashk-e butan-e azari;Har chand wasfat mikunam dar husn-az-aan zebatari.Aafaq ra gar deedah am mehr-e butan warzeedah am;Bisyar khuban deedah am lekin tu cheez-e degari.Man tu shudam, tu man shudi, man tan shudam, tu jan shudi;Taakas nagoyad baad azeen man deegaram tu deegari.Khusrau ghareeb ast-o gada uftadah dar shehr-e shuma;Baashad ki az behr-e khuda, su-e ghareeban bangari.
This heartfelt poetry of Amir Khusro praises his beloved who has mesmerised him unusually among all beautiful women in the places he had travelled. These words read he and her are no more separate individuals but he, the body and she, the soul. A love poured request is sought by the poet as a beggar to his beloved to be his consoler.
6. Jan zatan burdi wa darjani hunooz;Dard-ha daadi wa darmani hunooz.Aashkara seen-e am bashugaafti;Hamchunan dar seen-e pinhani hunooz.Ma za girya chun namak bagudakhtim;Tu bakhunda shukr afshani hunooz.
Yet another love downpours from the heart of Amir Khusro where his estranged beloved is the cure for his emotional abrasion.
7. Bakhubi hamcho mah tabindah baashi;Bamulk-e dilbari paayindah baashi.Man-e darvish ra kushti baghamzah;Karam kardi Ilahi zindah baashi.Jafaa kam kun ki farda roz-e mehshar;Baru-e aashiqan sharmindah baashi.Ze qaid-e dojahan azad baasham;Agar tu hum-nashin-e bandah baashi.Barindi-o bashokhi hamcho Khusrau;Hazaran khanuman barkandah baashi.
The next Amir Khusro poetry on love again, describes his beloved as an enchanting idol but also asks her not to be so cruel with her beauty. A piece to recreate for your beloved!
8. Abr mi barad-o man shovm-e az yar-e judaaChoon kunam dil becheneen roz zedildar judaa.Abr baraan wa man-o yar satadah ba-widaa’Man judaa girya kunaan, abr judaa, yaar judaa
This masterpiece poetry of Amir Khusro lines up to justify the pain of friends falling apart. He beautifully relates the clouds, his heart and his friend’s heart weeping separately that shows how strong their bond is.
9. Aaj basant manaalay suhaagun,Aaj basant manaalay;Anjan manjan kar piya mori,Lambay neher lagaaye;Tu kya sovay neend ki maasi,So jaagay teray bhaag, suhaagun,Aaj basant manalay…..;Oonchi naar kay oonchay chitvan,Ayso diyo hai banaaye;Shaah-e Amir tohay dekhan ko,Nainon say naina milaaye,Suhaagun, aaj basant manaalay.
In this Amir Khusro poetry, the poet is seen ecstatic with the soothing spring season and heads to his lady to wake her up.
10. Bahut Kathin hai dagar panghat ki,Kaisay main bhar laaun madhva say matki?Paniya bharan ko main jo gayi thi,Daud jhapat mori matki patki.Bahut kathin hai dagar panghat ki.Khusro Nizam kay bal bal jayyiyeLaaj rakho moray ghoonghat pat ki.Bahut kathin hai dagar panghat ki.
This Amir Khusro poetry is philosophical about life in which his path to his destiny is difficult. His heart is maimed and seeks the lord to take care of his.
11. Mora jobana navelara, bhayo hai gulaal,Kaisi dhar dini bikas mori maal.Mora jobana navelara.......Nijamudin aulia ko koyi samajhaaye,Jyon jyon manaon, wo to rootha hi jaaye.Mora jobana navelara......Chudiyan phod palang pe daaron,Is cholee ko doon main aag lagaai.Sooni saij darawan laagay, virah agni mohay dus dus jaayeMora jobana navelara.......
In this fruitful youth Amir Khusro poetry, his passion is as enthusiastic as his age and wants his beloved besides him.
12. Toa aan shahey ke bur aiwaan-e-qasratKabutar gar nashinad baaz gardad.Gharib-e-mustamandey bur dar amad,Beyayad androon yaa baaz gardad.
A young Khusro in quest of a true Pir for himself, questioned Nizamuddin Auliya to test his spiritual capability through this Amir Khusro poetry.
13. Agar firdaus bar roo-e zameen astHameen ast-o hameen ast-o hameen ast
The words that well define paradise via Amir Khusro poetry.
14. Khusrau darya prem ka ulti wa ki dhaarJo utra so doob gaya jo dooba so paar
As a body with a broken heart, this Amir Khusro poetry reveals his perspective of love as a river that takes a weird direction. Once drowned in that river, he ought to come across.
15. Ze shab bedaariye mun taa seher chashmash kujaa daanad?Ki o shab taa seher kaaray bajuz khuftan nami daanad
These desperate words on his beloved, Amir Khusro laments his sorrow about his careless lady who is acclaimed to worry a lot about sleeping rather than lost nights of her guy.
16. Zehal-e miskin makun taghaful, duraye naina banaye batiyan;ki taab-e hijran nadaram ay jaan, na leho kaahe lagaye chhatiyan.Shaban-e hijran daraz chun zulf wa roz-e waslat cho umr kotah;Sakhi piya ko jo main na dekhun to kaise kaatun andheri ratiyan.Yakayak az dil do chashm-e jadoo basad farebam baburd taskin;Kise pari hai jo jaa sunaave piyare pi ko hamaari batiyan.Cho sham’a sozan cho zarra hairan hamesha giryan be ishq aan meh;Na neend naina na ang chaina na aap aaven na bhejen patiyan.Bahaqq-e roz-e wisal-e dilbar ki daad mara ghareeb Khusrau;Sapet man ke waraaye raakhun jo jaaye paaon piya ke khatiyan
This last one among all the Amir Khusro poetry is a poem of misery in which he brutally accepts his separation from beloved.
The heartfelt Amir Khusro poetry is the verses of reality wherein sole hearts might find the best companion of relief here. Most from love and then to life, his works show off his ups and downs in life.
- 30 Waseem Barelvi Shayari And Poetry On Love, Life And Friendship
- 30 Sahir Ludhianvi Shayaris and Poetry in Urdu On Love and Life
- 35 Daag Dehlvi Shayari & Poetry On Love And Relationships
- 30 Nida Fazli’s Shayaris on Love, Passion, Innocence, and Struggles
- 30 Firaq Gorakhpuri Shayari and Poetry That Are Drenched In Love
- 30 Jaun Elia Shayaris & Poetries On Love, Life, and Patriotism
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events