Summer, means itchiness, sweating, irritation, and facing all the problems together and if you are at a hot place then you must move to a cool and cold place to spend a good time in the summers. Summers are meant to be a curse for the people who live in the hottest cities of India like Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Odisha and the cool places of India are like a boon to these people. As they can spend a great time in these places in summers. Summers can be greatly spent here with your friends and family if you are planning a trip on the hot and sunny days.
Usually in India, there are so many beautiful and colorful places to visit and one can be mesmerized by the beauty of Indian places. There are not so many cold places or hill stations that much as compared to other countries but still you can spend your perfect time in so many places that are ideal for the summers.
Here I have shared a list of 55 places to visit in summers that will help you out in finding a perfect destination for your summer trip-
1. Manali- This high-altitude town of Himachal Pradesh is the first one on our list of best places to visit in the summers. The peerless beauty and adventurous spots of Manali, make it the most visited place in India in the summers. The main attractive places of Manali are Hadimba Temple, Solang Valley, Arjun Gufa, Bhrigu Lake, and Van Vihar.
2. Shimla- Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh extremely soothing and astonishing place of India to visit in summers and to make your trip an alluring experience. The snow-covered hills and the deep throbbed lakes are the centers of attraction of Shimla. Some famous places of Shimla are Shaily Peak, Green Valley, Christ Church, and The Ridge.
3. Darjeeling- Darjeeling is a town in West Bengal. Well, it is mainly famous for its tea gardens but it is also the main tourist attraction due to its scenic views and heart falling beauty. The mall, Darjeeling Himalayan Railways, Tiger Hill, and Shanti Stupa are some famous spots to visit in Darjeeling.
4. Mussoorie- The next place in our list of best places to visit in summer in India in the town of Dehradun which is also called Queen of Hills. There are some very popular hubs in Mussoorie such as Kempty Falls, Lal Tibba, Gun Hill Point, and Company Garden that will make your trip extraordinary.
5. Gangtok- Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim and is quite popular among tourists for the Buddhist monasteries. Nathula Pass, Banjhakri Water Falls, Hanuman Tok, Ranka Monastery, and Tashi View Point are the major attractions of this place to visit in the summers.
6. Ooty- Ooty is a resort town in the Tamilnadu state of India. Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Pykara Lake, Pykara falls, Government Rose Garden, Mudumalai National Park, and Doddabetta Peak are a few amazing places to visit in Ooty.
7. Nainital- This Indian city of Uttarakhand has a different identity among visitors and tourists due to its amazing climate and beautiful surroundings. The main places of Nainital are Naini Lake, High Altitude Zoo, Goddess Naina Devi, and Naina Peak.
8. Andaman and Nicobar- The next in our list of 55 best places to visit in India in the summers is Andaman and Nicobar Island. This Island is famous for its astonishing beaches and amazing sight scenes. Ross Island, Cellular Jail, Radhanagar Beach, Makruzz, and Barren Island Volcano are some adorable places on this Island.
9. Shillong- Shillong is the capital of the Indian state Meghalaya and is a good choice to visit in summers because of its soothing weather and mesmerizing beautiful places. This place is mainly famous for its waterfalls, caves, amazing landscapes, and heavy rainfalls.
10. Mahabaleshwar- This beautiful hill station is situated south of Mumbai. This place is a hot hub of visitors in the summers. Mahabaleshwar Temple, Elephant’s head point, Venna Lake, Pratapgarh Fort, and Laxmi’s strawberry farm are some amazing spots in Mahabaleshwar.
11. Kalimpong- Kalimpong is located in the Himalayan foothills of West Bengal. This place is surrounded by lush green hills and is quite popular for the pleasant weather and peaceful atmosphere. The top places to visit in the summers in the Kalimpong are Deolo Hill, Dr. Graham’s Home, Pine View Nursery Durpin Dara Hill, and Kalimpong Science Centre.
12. Mysore- Also known as Mysuru is a city in Karnataka and is a perplexing place to visit in India in summer. Mysore is especially known for its heritage places. This is why Mysore is on the list of 55 places to visit in India in the summer. You can visit here Mysore Palace, Brindavan Garden, Kabini Dam, Suvarnavathi Dam, Thonnur Lake, and Folklore Museum.
13. Kasol- If you are looking for a place with snow-covered hills and close to nature spots to visit in summers in India then Kasol is a very good choice for you. Kasol is located in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh and is best known for the less crowded but startling places. You can explore Manikaran Sahib, Moon Dance Cafe, Malana Village, Kheer Ganga, Tosh Village, Tirthan Valley, and Parvati River here.
14. Auli- The very next in our list of best places to visit in India in summer, is Auli the beautiful place of Uttrakhand state. The very famous Badrinath Temple is situated in the north of the Auli. Auli is the ultimate destination for hill station lovers.
15. Kodaikanal- The ultimate stop located in the Tamilnadu state to visit in summer in India. Kodaikanal is an area full of granite cliffs, lush green hills, lakes, and waterfalls. Coakers Walk, Kodaikanal Lake, Berijam Lake, Poombarai Village View, Pillar Rocks, Dolphin’s Nose, and Guna Cave are the center of attraction of this place.
16. Dharamshala- This place is known as the Home of Dalai Lama and a place majorly dedicated to Buddhists. Dharamshala is a city of Himachal Pradesh and has so many adorable places to visit in India in summer such as Triund Hill, Dalai Lama Temple, Kangra Valley, Gyuto Monastery, etc.
17. Pondicherry- The next one on our list is the French colonial city of India touched along with the Bay of Bengal. This seaside place is a really good choice to visit in summer. Paradise Beach, Rock Beach, Seaside Promenade, and Chunnambar Boat House are some viewable places of Pondicherry.
18. Ranikhet- This mesmerizing hill station is located in Uttarakhand. Ranikhet is maintained by the Indian Army as it is home to Military Hospital. Along with that, it has so many sights and scenes to view such as the very famous temple Jhula Devi Temple, Chaubatia Orchards, Majhkhali, Dwarahat, and Kalika.
19. Cherrapunji- Cherrapunji is a town of the Indian state Meghalaya, and known as the most raining place of India as it receives the maximum amount of rainfall. It rains 365 days a year. A famous place to visit in the summers here is Double Decker Living Root Bridge, Dawki, Nohkalikai Waterfalls, Mawsmai Falls, and Krem Phyllis.
20. Leh Ladakh- This heavenly adorable location is not just a place but an emotion for every traveler out there. You must be aware of the beauty of the Leh Ladakh, the snow-covered hills and pleasant atmosphere are the identities of Ladakh. One can visit here Pangong TSO Lake, Khardung La Pass, Shyok Valley, Magnetic Hill, etc.
21. Dalhousie- Another beautiful place in the lap of Himalayan, the Dalhousie is a town of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. Panchpula, Khajjar, Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, Satdhara Falls, and Dainkund Peak are some amazing places to visit in summer in India.
22. Kinnaur- Kinnaur is a district of Himachal Pradesh located around 235 km from Shimla. Kinnaur is an incredible vacation spot for summers as it has all to make your trip memorable. Famous spots of Kinnaur are Kalpa, Nako, Sarahan, Baspa River, Sangla Valley and Chitkul.
23. Pahalgam- Pahalgam is a hill station in Jammu and Kashmir and it is the starting point of pilgrimage of the holy cave Amarnath. It is a place of so many lakes, mountains, and rivers. You can explore Betaab Valley, Tulian Lake, Aru Valley, Sheshnag Lake, Mamaleshwar Temple, and Chandanwari here.
24. Gulmarg- Located around 45 km from Srinagar district, Gulmarg is the next place in our list of 55 best places to visit in summers in India. This place with stupefying beauty has so many places to visit such as Gulmarg Gondola, Apharwat Peak, Alpather Lake, Outer Circle Walk, Rani Temple, and Baba Reshi Shrine.
25. Mcleodganj- This is also known as Little Lhasa because of the Tibetan population and is mostly known as the 14th Dalai Nama’s home. Widely popular places of Mcleodganj are Masroor Temple, Triund, Bhagsu Falls, Nechung Monastery, Guna Devi Temple, Sunset Point, and Indrahar Pass.
26. Patnitop- Another hilltop location of Jammu and Kashmir to visit in summers in India and is quite popular among visitors due to its surreal beauty and panoramic views. The best places of Patnitop are Nathatop, Madhatop, Naag Mandir, Billo ki Power, Kud Park, and Shivgarh.
27. Rishikesh- Situated in the Himalayan foothills, Rishikesh is a district of Uttarakhand. This place is highly adored by the holy people as this is a holy pilgrimage place. Triveni Ghat, Ram-Jhula, Laxman Jhula, Bunjee Jumping, Ganga Arti, and Shri Bharat Mandir are some religious and adventurous places to visit in Rishikesh.
28. Tawang- Tawang is a district of state Arunachal Pradesh. It is the most visited place in North East India. The largest monastery of India is located in Tawang. You can visit Bumla Pass, Sela Pass, Madhuri Lake, Nuranang Falls, Jaswant Garh, and Tawang Buddhist Monastery here in the summers.
29. Kohima- The capital of northeastern state Nagaland, Kohima is the next in our list of 55 best places to visit in summers in India. The very famous Kohima War Cemetery has located here along with it you can visit japfu Peak, Pulie Badze, Kohima Museum, Naga Heritage Village, and Dzukou Valley in Kohima.
30. Ziro- Ziro is a town of Indian state Arunachal Pradesh that is known as one of the best spots to visit in summers. You can explore Tarin Fish Farm, Kile Pakho, Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, Meghna Cave Temple, and Orchid Research Centre in Ziro.
31. Majuli- This adorable Island of Assam is one of the finest places to visit in summer. It is the very first Island to be made as a district in India. The very famous places of Majuli are Hadimba Temple, Beas River, Solang Valley, Manikaran Gurudwara, Jogini Waterfalls, Gulaba, and Bhrigu Lake.
32. Puri- Puri is a coastal city of state Odisha that is located on the Bay of Bengal. This place is famous because of the beaches and the very renowned Jagannath Temple. Along with that, you can visit Raghurajpur Artist Village, Konark Beach, Puri Beach, Chilika Lake, and Swargadwar Beach in the Puri district.
33. Sikkim- Located in the lap of the Himalayas, Sikkim is the northeast state of India. The highest mountain Kangchenjunga has found here. Tsomgo Cho, Nathula, Gurudongmar Lake, Pelling, Lachung, Zuluk and lamchi can be visit in the summers in Sikkim.
34. Dooars- Dooars is a very interesting place in West Bengal and it is located in the foothills of the Himalayas and the north of the Brahmaputra River. Gorumara National Park, Jaldapara National Park, Buxa Tiger Reserve, and Chilapata Forest are some amazing places of Dooars.
35. Pachmarhi- Widely known as Satpura Ki Rani, Pachmarhi is a place with lush green sights along with the high mountains. This hill station is located in Madhya Pradesh. Shri Panch Pandav Caves is the main attraction of Pachmarhi and it has its name after this place. Along with that, you can visit here Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve, Bison Lodge Museum, Bee Falls, Dhoopgarh, Jatashankar Temple, Chauragarh Peak, etc.
36. Munnar- It is a town in Kerala and a must-visit place for your summer trip. Here you can explore the tea plants which are the center of attraction for tourists. You can also visit here Kalari Kshethra, Anamudi Peak, Mattupetty Dam, Rajamalai National Park, Pothamedu View Point, Kundala Lake, and Echo Point.
37. Wayanad- Another astonishing place of Kerala in our list of 55 best places to visit in summer is Wayanad. Wayanad is a nice place to trek, hike, cycle, and zip-lining. You can enjoy visiting Banasura Sagar Dam, Chembra Peak, Kuruva Island, Edakkal Caves, Pookode Lake, and Lakkidi View Point in Wayanad.
38. Coorg- Also referred to as Scotland of India, Coorg is a rural district of Karnataka. Coorg is highly attractive for its coffee plantations, finest flora and fauna, and heavy green forests. Abbey Falls, Honnamana Kere Lake, Tadiandamol Peak, Iruppu Falls, Dubare Elephant Camp, and Raja’s Seat are some wonderful places of Coorg to visit in summers.
39. Yercaud- Tamil Nadu has so many breathtaking places and Yercaud is one of them. 32 Km Loop Road, Pagoda Point, Shevaroy Temple, Montfort School, Kiliyur Falls, and Big Lake are some key places of Yercaud to visit in India in the summers.
40. Coonoor- One more destination of Tamil Nadu and it is the second-largest hill station of the region. It is majorly known for the production of Nilgiri tea. Top attractions of Coonoor include Heritage Train, Sim’s Park, Dolphin’s Nose, Highfield Tea Factory, and Law’s Falls.
41. Nagarhole- Nagarhole is a wildlife reserve of Karnataka. This national park is very popular among tourists and is mainly known as Rajiv Gandhi National Park. The park is filled with sandalwood trees. Here you will find Asian elephants, Tigers, and a variety of birds.
42. Raigad- Raigad is a district in the Konkan of Maharashtra and is a historical place because the forts and palaces belong to the former empires. Famous places of Raigad includes Takmak Tok, Jagadishwar Temple, Prabalgad Fort, Gangasagar Lake, Raj Bhawan and Sagargad Fort.
43. Harihareshwar- Harihareshwar is a town in Maharashtra that is encircled by three hills named Harharishwar, Harshinachal, and Pushpadri.
44. Mount Abu- How could we miss this one in the list of best places to visit in summer in India? Mount Abu is the only hill station of Rajasthan and is surrounded by the Aravalli hills. One can explore Nakki Lake, Guru Shikhar, Toad Rock, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, and Achalgarh Fort.
45. Thekkady- Another fascinating place in Kerala to visit in the summers. Thekkady is the largest wildlife sanctuary in India and is famous because of the elephants, plantations, and wonderful hills.
46. Mukteshwar- Uttarakhand has been the best summer destination and here we are glancing at one more viewable place of Uttarakhand that is Mukteshwar. Mukteshwar is very famous for experiencing adventurous sports such as trekking, rock climbing, hiking, and rappelling.
47. Malshej Ghat- It is a mountain pass located in Pune, Maharashtra. Malshej ghat has so many waterfalls, lakes, hills, and a variety of flora and fauna. Naneghat, Shivneri Fort, Ratnagad, Jivdhan Fort, and Harishchandragad are a few amazing places of Malshej Ghat.
48. Matheran- It is a small hill station of Maharashtra that is located near Mumbai. The main viewable spot of Matheran is Charlotte Lake, Louisa Point, Shivaji’s Ladder, and Monkey Point Matheran.
49. Devikulam- Devikulam is a small hill station that is around 8 km from the Munnar district of Kerala. Devikulam means Sita Kund and is famous because of the ancient saying that goddess Sita took bath in that river which is later named as Sita Kund or Devikulam.
50. Pithoragarh- This Himalayan city is said to be a good option to visit in Uttarakhand in summer. It is also known as Little Kashmir. Pithoragarh shares the borders with Nepal and Tibet. Pithoragarh Fort, Maharajke Park, Chandak Hill, Kamaksha Temple, Dhwaj Temple, Mostamanu Temple, and Askot Sanctuary are some of the best places of Pithoragarh.
51. Spiti- Spiti is a valley in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh and is beyond beautiful due to the peaceful atmosphere and snow-covered hills. If you wanna indulge in natural joy then this place is for you.
52. Almora- Here again, we’ve mentioned another town of Uttarakhand in our list of best places to visit in summer. The major attractions of Almora are Zero Point, Kesar Devi, Chitai Temple, Jalna, Dunagiri, Jageshwar, Bright End Corner, and Binsar.
53. Pelling- Pelling town is located in Sikkim state and is famous for rock climbing, trekking, and so many adventurous sports. Along with that, you can enjoy visiting Kanchenjunga Falls, Singshore Bridge, Rabdentse Ruins, Khecheopalri Lake, Pemayangtse Gompa, Sangacholing Monastery, Rimbi Waterfalls, and River Orange Garden.
54. Mahabaleshwar- Located in the south of Mumbai this place is a major tourist attraction in the summers. Strawberries are the most famous fruit of Mahabaleshwar. One can explore Mahabaleshwar Temple, Elephant’s Head Point, Venna Lake, Arthur’s Seat, Pratapgarh Fort, and Laxmi Strawberry Farm in Mahabaleshwar.
55. Gokarna- Gokarna is a small town of Indian state Karnataka and is a popular holy place for Hindus. The peaceful weather and blissful beaches make this place a perfect holiday destination. You can find here so many places to visit such as Om Beach, Kudle Beach, Mirjan Fort, Paradise Beach, and Koti Tirtha.
The list already has so many astonishing places mentioned but still, these adorable places of India cannot be over here. Your trip in the summers could only be pleasantly memorable if you are visiting such places. These places remain cold in the summers as compared to other Indian states or cities. To experience an ultimate vacation in the hot summers you need to make a plan to visit these super cool places.
So, for now, it is a bye, will meet soon with another one.
Till then happy surfing!